M5000 with Orange

Guest Lama16

Guest Lama16

hi all.... i've been calling orange about the M5000. my contract has run out and i called them to upgrade and change my contract. i've been told that the M5000 is busniess only. so i said ok i'll call them later.... the next day i called them and asked when the M5000 will be released for normal customers.... they said it was already for normal customer. but its out of stock. so i have to wait 1 month before it comes into stock.... so i emailed orange on thier website and asked if it was busniess customers only that can get the M5000 and guess what they said .... yes its only for busniess customer only....

so what i want to confirm who here is an orange customer and not a busniess customer and has the M5000.

also how much did u get for it.... i was quoted £180 on a £30 contract

Edited by Lama16

Guest FrankyG
hi all.... i've been calling orange about the M5000. my contract has run out and i called them to upgrade and change my contract. i've been told that the M5000 is busniess only. so i said ok i'll call them later.... the next day i called them and asked when the M5000 will be released for normal customers.... they said it was already for normal customer. but its out of stock. so i have to wait 1 month before it comes into stock.... so i emailed orange on thier website and asked if it was busniess customers only that can get the M5000 and guess what they said .... yes its only for busniess customer only....

so what i want to confirm who here is an orange customer and not a busniess customer and has the M5000.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not a business customer, got my M5000 for £49.99...which I think I could have knocked down even further. Orange Quoted me £200 to start with. I'm on a 'Select 500' contract which is £25 month/500 anytime x net mins. I got that rather good contract because my pervious years spend was a bit mental. Roaming charges in Australia, France, Sweden ..ouch! Anyhow, IT's available for non business customers...as to availability, seems like they have different stock for new contracts and for upgrades.

HTH

Guest Chumley

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your submission - it prompted me to check my suspicions about the Orange SPV M5000 availability.

Basically I have confirmed today (for myself) and now you all(!) - with not too much reading between the lines that the Orange SPV M5000 is available for Business accounts only from new or upgrade at present. There is no availability of the SPV M5000 for personal accounts with Orange - apparently it is effectively discontinued so a backlog of orders cannot build up.

I was misguided (?!) when told (by Orange Customer Services) the M5000 had been discontinued for the time being some weeks ago (I incorrectly thought it was simply not available at all from Orange). My suspicion came about when about a week ago the helpful chap in upgrades (0800 079 2288 Option 3) (use 02002220700 to get dial tone to call to use inclusive minutes from Orange mobile) to check for any availability dates, asked why do I whant a SPV M5000 - Mmm.. slightly strange I thought. Then your post above, so I have just called Orange Business on 0800 079 4000 and was told that I can have an M5000 on a business account.

I thought they (Orange) had had so many returns that they had completely discontinued the device to work on some possible issues - a ROM upgrade perhaps.

Make of it what you will.

I feel a communication with the Orange Exec. Office coming on...

Oh, I was offered originally the M5000 for £104.99 for an upgrade for a 12month re-new of £25 a month.

I believe the upgrade subsidy generally (in recent times!) can depend on your monthly over spend i.e. how much more you spend a month over what you are contracted to spend (roughly!).

Guest wolfie1968
Thanks for your submission - it prompted me to check my suspicions about the Orange SPV M5000 availability.

Basically I have confirmed today (for myself) and now you all(!) - with not too much reading between the lines that the Orange SPV M5000 is available for Business accounts only from new or upgrade at present. There is no availability of the SPV M5000 for personal accounts with Orange - apparently it is effectively discontinued so a backlog of orders cannot build up.

I was misguided (?!) when told (by Orange Customer Services) the M5000 had been discontinued for the time being some weeks ago (I incorrectly thought it was simply not available at all from Orange). My suspicion came about when about a week ago the helpful chap in upgrades (0800 079 2288 Option 3) (use 02002220700 to get dial tone to call to use inclusive minutes from Orange mobile) to check for any availability dates, asked why do I whant a SPV M5000 - Mmm.. slightly strange I thought. Then your post above, so I have just called Orange Business on 0800 079 4000 and was told that I can have an M5000 on a business account.

I thought they (Orange) had had so many returns that they had completely discontinued the device to work on some possible issues - a ROM upgrade perhaps.

Make of it what you will.

I feel a communication with the Orange Exec. Office coming on...

Oh, I was offered originally the M5000 for £104.99 for an upgrade for a 12month re-new of £25 a month.

I believe the upgrade subsidy generally (in recent times!) can depend on your monthly over spend i.e. how much more you spend a month over what you are contracted to spend (roughly!).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Chumley

In addition !.... trying not to hijack this thread !

I popped into the Orange Shop in Watford (Herts.) this afternoon after failing to get through to the Orange Executive Office the 0870 376 8888 number given (0800 079 5000 also a problem) in an earlier thread on this forum was apparently incorrect - so submissions please !)

A chap in there (working) appeared to be quite decently informed on first meeting was quite emphatic that the SPV M5000 was NOT discontinued for personal accounts. He was actually waiting for one himself although he did admit he wasn't aware of anywhere that had stock.

I also got an email this morning from an Orange dealer mentioning the expectation of stock of the M5000 at the end of January (2006!) for personal accounts.

The saga continues...

Guest basharv

In my dealings with the Exec office in the last 10 days, they confirmed that the M5000 has outsold their expectations and the availability cannot match the vast demand that they have had. I have also read that there is a Patent issue potentially affecting Blackberrys' which may persude corporates to migrate to something like the M5000. If that is the case the supply of new handsets will be hard to keep up with whether it is O2/T-Mobile Orange etc

Guest Chumley
It will be very interesting to see if any update to the ROM has taken place when the new stock is released...  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I must admit in addition to this, if I wanted a business SPV M5000 then I was informed I could have had one the other day when I call the business section - effectively there and then (..?).

Somehow though, personally thinking, I doubt there was actual stock as I wasn't aware they had checked the stock level - just a guess.

Firing off an email to the Executive Office as my loyalty to Orange is on the wane, especially as the O2 Exec. is v. well priced and I may also be able to get £50 off for an old phone (T610) from reading something earlier on Modaco.

Guest kevinede

I have had the same issue with Orange. Since December the M5000 has not be available online (showing Out Of Stock), and I spoke to CS @ Orange about upgrading (was on Premier Tariff). They said that once Jan1st came around, to call back and they would do a deal. Whoopee I thought.

When I call in January (website still showing Out of Stock) I am told that they no longer supply the M5000, as it is not compatible with their network?!?!?!?!!?

So I try again in a couple of days and am told they do not have any in stock, and they are no longer supplying the M5000.

I fired an email off to CS, and had an email back again stating the M5000 was no longer available.

Then I call pretending to be a new customer, and they say they do not have it in stock, but they expect a delivery by the end of January 2006!!!!!!

So not only am I being lied to, but CS really cannot be arsed! I have now had to downgrade my tariff as I have left my old job, but I will be upgrading it once I get a new one. I am going to keep an eye on the stock levels online, and try to upgrade, but if I have too much hassle, I think O2 might be getting a call with a PAC code! :-0

Guest Larnsky
I have had the same issue with Orange.  Since December the M5000 has not be available online (showing Out Of Stock), and I spoke to CS @ Orange about upgrading (was on Premier Tariff).  They said that once Jan1st came around, to call back and they would do a deal.  Whoopee I thought.

When I call in January (website still showing Out of Stock) I am told that they no longer supply the M5000, as it is not compatible with their network?!?!?!?!!?

So I try again in a couple of days and am told they do not have any in stock, and they are no longer supplying the M5000.

I fired an email off to CS, and had an email back again stating the M5000 was no longer available.

Then I call pretending to be a new customer, and they say they do not have it in stock, but they expect a delivery by the end of January 2006!!!!!!

So not only am I being lied to, but CS really cannot be arsed!  I have now had to downgrade my tariff as I have left my old job, but I will be upgrading it once I get a new one.  I am going to keep an eye on the stock levels online, and try to upgrade, but if I have too much hassle, I think O2 might be getting a call with a PAC code! :-0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was lucky enough to get one when it first came out... and apart from a few minor faults it has i love the phone!

I'm not just saying this to make you feel worse 'Honest' .... but the situation you're describing sounds identical to Orange attempting to release the phone in the first place.... whenever i phoned up i was told a different story.... Basically the CS staff never seem to know what is actually going on... it's a pretty poor situation really!

Guest adamski

Mine cost me £0 on a 400minute premier plan.

On my third one now.

First one was delivered dead!

Second one wouldn't answer calls in PDA mode...

Third one.... is faulty from day two... it refused to recognise my simcard..... got a 3g payg sim and ...tadaaaa it works!.... for two days.... it then comes up with exactly the same message. Sim three.... I am not holding my breath!!

I would LOVE to lose this contract and take my Number to another network.

REALLY not happy with orange

Guest barker04

I was called yesterday and told that the m5000 was back in stock however i would have had to pay £50 upgrade fee as my contract is up today. I rang back called retentions and the SPV M5000 is coming monday!

So it looks like they are back in stock for selected customers

Paul

Guest Chumley
I was called yesterday and told that the m5000 was back in stock however i would have had to pay £50 upgrade fee as my contract is up today. I rang back called retentions and the SPV M5000 is coming monday!

So it looks like they are back in stock for selected customers

Paul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the heads up.

I've just called Orange and I should be receiving a SPV M5000 on Tuesday apparently (on a personal account). I have 7 days to decide if I wish to keep it. As I will probably not be too much of a demanding user I am being (too?!) optimistic !

My deal was £104.99 upgrade cost and required a 12 month renewed contract £25 a month.

Edited by Chumley

Guest Soulfish

I phoned Orange upgrades about changing my phone to a M500, and after being told they were for business customers only requested my PAC code. They then offered me the M500 for free, or the M5000 for £45 - guess what I choose ;)

The M5000 arrived the next day (Friday 13th :D), but I haven't had any time to play around with it yet :D

Guest Dogmatick
Just phoned Orange and mine should be arriving on Monday or Tuesday!

Good thing that I checked the forums this morning!

Lee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you all get your phones, could you all post your ROM version up here to see if anything has changed

Ta

D

When you all get your phones, could you all post your ROM version up here to see if anything has changed

Ta

D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i manage to get my phone for £50 very nice....

here is the rom information

operator version 7.113.1.130

rom version 1.13.49 WWE

rom date 09/20/05

radio version 1.03.00

protocol version 42.36.p8

extrom version 1.13.130 WWE

Guest Soulfish

Ta

D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My Radio ROM is 1.03 my ROM version is 1.13.49 WWE and the Ext_ROM is 1.13.130 WWE.

Anyone know if there are any ROM updates for the M5000, and how to go about applying/getting them? ;)

John

Guest jmechan

I don't know what to do now...! I just spoke to them and was told it was out of stock and would cost me £250 - they offered me a M1500 for £150.

What should I do...????

Jon

Guest Chumley
Managed to get my m5000 yesterday and it has the same rom as soulfish just incase any was wondering

Paul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here for me - versions and delivery time.

Interestingly I was offered it for £104.99 but the paperwork received with the M5000 yesterday stated £0 for it (?!) - now I know there can be an actual upgrade cost in addition to the phone cost / price so I am a bit sceptical + my credit card bill should allow me to check this. I think I will call Orange tomorrow to check...

The SPV M5000 is smaller than I recall also - I managed to play with a SPV M5000 right at the beginning of October 2005 at an Orange Mobile Data event in London. I was complaining about the lack of Wifi on the C600 also ! The chap (Orange) at the time said that Wifi was very likely to be included in the C700. His words not mine...

Terminal Server client works a treat for remote desktop (XP Pro) - strain on the eyes potentially but proves the resolution of the screen (M5000).

So, so far pretty damn good but not using it as a phone (!) yet. Quite acceptable with standard WM5 theme and error reporting off.

P.S. Mine did NOT come with a SD card for the record - not really bothered if I did get it for £0 as above.

Edited by Chumley

Guest Soulfish
Same here for me - versions and delivery time.

Interestingly I was offered it for £104.99 but the paperwork received with the M5000 yesterday stated £0 for it (?!) - now I know there can be an actual upgrade cost in addition to the phone cost / price so I am a bit sceptical + my credit card bill should allow me to check this. I think I will call Orange tomorrow to check...

My delivery note says £0 as well, but my account was debited for the £45 they offered it to me for :?:

P.S. Mine did NOT come with a SD card for the record - not really bothered if I did get it for £0 as above.

Mine didn't come with a SD card either - I didn't realise they were included in the package?

John

Guest Chumley
My delivery note says £0 as well, but my account was debited for the £45 they offered it to me for  :?:

Mine didn't come with a SD card either - I didn't realise they were included in the package?

John

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That doesn't bode well for me then ! ;) Nevermind...

I am sure at some stage a SD card was included (?) - I can't easily find a reference to back this up, perhaps I am mistaken. The C600 comes with a Mini SD of semi decent capacity (64MB or so) rather than the 16MB in the original C500 - so I remember that inclusion. (Hope I'm right about that one then !).

Thinking I may get a more flexible Mini SD for it or SD Plus (SanDisk SD and USB drive in one) that have come down a fair bit in price in the last couple of weeks.

Guest wiltsboy

I have just got off the phone with :evil: Orange CS :evil: I called about upgrading my SPV M2000 to the M5000, "I'm sorry but the M5000 is out of stock" ok so how much would it cost me to upgrade? "£250, but the prices are changing daily". Do Orange want to keep customers, I've been a customer with them for nearly 10 years and they want £250. My SPV M2000 this time last year only cost me £100.