VPN on SPV C550

Guest dbr1960

Guest dbr1960

Can anyone give me some advice on setting up a VPN on a C550. I've created a VPN connection (called bw) and changed the access point in the Orange GPRS settings to internetvpn (I contaced Orange to update my SIM for vpn use). I've also created a URL exception for my server

If I try to access my emails using outlook mobile access using the link http://myservername/oma I can get as far as the screen which list the number of unread emails in my inbox, calendar etc but I'm unable to view the emails.

I get an error message saying "unable to connect. Verify you have network coverage and try again" Accessing Google etc. is no problem

Do I have to have IPSec Authentification setup in the VPN settings and do I have to force the phone to use the VPN Connection. If so how do I force it to do it.

Regards

dbr1960

i know this is a bit OTT but are you not able to activesync your email via bluetooth instead of accessing it via oma?

on the other hand if you need to then i do not see why you should not be able to access it via oma.

the other thing to add is that if you are in the house and wish to access oma - then make a pass through connection via bluetooth (for example) and access it via that rather than a VPN

;)

Guest dbr1960
i know this is a bit OTT but are you not able to activesync your email via bluetooth instead of accessing it via oma?

on the other hand if you need to then i do not see why you should not be able to access it via oma.

the other thing to add is that if you are in the house and wish to access oma - then make a pass through connection via bluetooth (for example) and access it via that rather than a VPN

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to access my company's email system "on the road" and Id prefer to use OMA. I've spoken to Orange data support but there were of little help. I've searche dthe Internet but there doesn't seem to be any useful guides on how to congigure a smartphone for VPN. As I seid on my earlier post, I've setup my VPN connection but can't see how to force the phone to use this connection.

Regards

dbr1960

As I seid on my earlier post, I've setup my VPN connection but can't see how to force the phone to use this connection.

If you create a Work URL exception like myservername/* then any URL starting with http://myservername should automatically use the Work Connection (if IE is set to auto detect settings) so you probably need to create a GPRS connection with APN internetvpn and attach it to the Work Connection in data settings.