SPC C550: Bluetooth & WMP Probs

Guest HouLeng

Guest HouLeng

First off, apologies if this is in the wrong place or asking for repeats - I have searched the forums but need more info.

I'm new to the C550, had it about half a month or so - wicked piece of kit, blown away by the screen, and not so upset by it's "quirks".

I read that "beaming" is actually an umbrella term for sending and receiving via IR and BT. Gotta admit the default search for BT devices is sluggish and nearly killed my phone when I was in a bar trying to get my phone to detect my friends SE K750i. I've got Smart Explorer installed, it seems to find this process easier, what I want to know is how can SE help the phone locate others via BT so much better than the built in service?

WMP - I have set WMP to be the app associated with WMV files and AVI, but when I select them in smart explorer, WMP complains about corrupt files - however if I open the same file from within WMP it plays it without a problem. Any ideas?

Thanks for being patient, this is all new to me ;)

Guest pd.ryder

Hi HouLeng, welcome to the forum ;)

BT - join the club. It's like banging your head up the wall with the 550 I'm afraid. I've nearly gone bald with the stress of it, especially when "showing off" my shiny "SMART"phone in the pub when all it'll do is crash horribly before it detects the phone I'm looking for :D

WPM - another sticking point for me. I abandoned it months ago after praying to the God's many times so it might actually synchronise even 1 track from my mp3 library via WMP10. Absolute rubbish.

I now use TCPMP for video (faultless when fed with files from PocketDivX) and although this will deal with music too, I prefer the GUI of PocketMind's PocketMusic app. This does cost money after the trial and it doesn't support QVGA yet on it's GUI but I like playlists on-the-fly, gapless playback with cross-fading and the graphic EQ actually has an audible difference when activated (not that I use this function much I must admit).

Anyhow, with sync from WMP10 failing at every turn, you'll need to drag-and-drop files onto the memory card to avoid baldness spoiling your looks :D:)

Guest HouLeng

Thanks for the info and the welcome mate 8)

I can totally appreciate the humour in your post, lol. The whole "beaming" thing is very funky, the manuals that come with the handset, although voluminous, aren't very clear in critical places.

I did install TCPMP and it wouldn't start a bunch of WMV and AVI files I had, but if all you need to do is convert them via PocketDivX then that's totally fine with me. Dragging standard WMV files from the net onto the phone via ActiveSync worked but the frame rates are kind of horrible on large file sizes, will definitely run some vids through PocketDivX.

PocketMind's PocketMusic does look very cool, I can see why you like the GUI, very sleek and a good use of space.

Being a tinker-er with themes I'm also interested in making some Homescreens for the C550, but since Ruttensoft doesnt cater for QVGA I'll have to code it by hand, nice tutorials in here ;)

Have an awesome weekend.