O2 Qtek 8310 MMS setting etc HELP!

Guest drothwell

Guest drothwell

I am trying to find a guide to setting up my Qtek 8310 for mms etc on the 02 network. I have seen that there is a cab file for the Imate SP5 that would work, but all the links I have found for this file have not worked.

Does anybody know where I could get such a cab file? or know where I can get the settings to enter manually? I have looked on the setting part of the site, but they all seem for the old windows mobile operating system format.

Thanks in advace people

Guest drothwell

I'm affraid I need you help again, I tried to run it, and is says, if cannot install as the programme does not have sufficient permisions!

Any suggestiong?

Guest PPCPassion
I'm affraid I need you help again, I tried to run it, and is says, if cannot install as the programme does not have sufficient permisions!

Any suggestiong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There could be two reasons for this message. 1. Cab file is specifically designed for SP5 ROM and hence can't be installed on QTEK. 2. You need to decert your phone, click on the link below, follow the instructions and you should be able to install any cab file. I had similar problems with my QTEK and following the instructions on that page, I nver had any more "Permissiom error" messages.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/xpworld/Blog...A!198.entry

Good Luck. If you have any trouble, please post your concerns PRIOR to messing with registry as one wrong setting can make you hardset the phone. It's a simple process but mproceed with caution if you have no experience with reg editing.

Guest PPCPassion
Thanks for you help, my phone needed decerting, but all is sorted not.  I'm a very happy bunny!

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am glad things work out for you ;)