Using WMP10 Playlists on the C550

Guest Lori

Hi all,

I've recently bought a C550, and have been using the orange music player.

However, its a right pain to set up and configure and means I have to convert my tunes.

I'd like to start using the WMP 10 that is on the phone.

I have had no problems syncing it with my C550 as I've read that many people have, however I can't seem to put any playlists on my phone.

What I set up WMP on my PC to sync a playlist with my C550, the tracks appear on the phone, but the 'My playlists' menu item is still empty!

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks in Advance!

• 4 months later...
Guest theyell4

hey,

to make a playlist open Notepad or another text editor and type the following:

<ASX Version ="3.0">

</asx>
then for every file you want to play type between the top and bottom line:
<entry><ref href = "filename.mp3"/></entry>
but be sure that if your playlist is not in the same folder as your file, that you include the folder in front of the file name. save the playlist as filename.asx. E.g. I want my "playlist.asx" file to be in \Storage Card\Music\ and I want to play the file "01 Never Take Friendship Personal.mp3" in \Storage Card\Music\Anberlin\Never Take Friendship Personal\ so my playlist would look like this
<ASX Version ="3.0">

<entry><ref href = "Anberlin\Never Take Friendship Personal\01 Never Take Friendship Personal.mp3"/></entry>

</asx>
I could then save this text as playlist1.asx and put it in \Storage Card\Music\ and it would play fine in WMP. Example playlist:
<ASX Version ="3.0">

<entry><ref href = "Anberlin\Never Take Friendship Personal\01 Never Take Friendship Personal.mp3"/></entry>

<entry><ref href = "Kutless\Hearts Of The Innocent\11 Legacy.mp3"/></entry>

<entry><ref href = "blink-182\blink-182 - First Date.mp3"/></entry>

</asx>