SPV C600 Flight Mode

Guest BigAl94

Guest BigAl94

Had a problem last night with new SPV C600, it got stuck in flight mode, turning it off using usual methods didn't work nor turning off and on the phone (no request for sim lock code as it usually does) As another poster found, attempting to make a call brought up a message asking if I wanted to turn off flight mode which sorted the problem. I now notice that if flight mode is turned on, then off again that it automatically turns on bluetooth! Anyone noticed this and know how to fix it?

Guest moosery
Had a problem last night with new SPV C600, it got stuck in flight mode, turning it off using usual methods didn't work nor turning off and on the phone (no request for sim lock code as it usually does) As another poster found, attempting to make a call brought up a message asking if I wanted to turn off flight mode which sorted the problem. I now notice that if flight mode is turned on, then off again that it automatically turns on bluetooth!  Anyone noticed this and know how to fix it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes - I noticed it. Assumed my phone was "special"

i didnt even put it in flight mode at the time..

yeah i tried using flight mode when i was playing on the picodrive i finished playing turned flight mode of & still couldnt make calls or receive them same with texts i tried everything , i had to reset the phone in the end , i supose the moral of this story is DONT USE FLIGHT MODE unless u have a fix for this problem. It does seem to be different on wm5 phones but there are posts from people with c500 i have a c550 and it does seem like a bug in the whole spv range.

the flight mode on these phones seems like a good idea being able to turn the phone of but use the functions on the phone its just a shame its floored

hope theres a fix if so please post it would be nice to use this function without having to reset the phone

later peeps

sno

Guest MitchellO
My phone seems to power up in flight mode even if it was not in flight mode when it was turned off.  I think it only happens when Btooth is enabled.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats weird. Mine doesn't do that.

Yea i had this problem to. All i did was turn my phone off and on again and for some reason it was in flight mode. I've only had the phone two weeks so had never even put it into flight mode, so was very strange!

But as mentioned, just tried calling a contact and it asked me if i wanted to come out of flight mode and worked a treat!

Stupid Bug

P

well well. i'm not alone. my cingular 2125 has gotten stuck in phantom flight mode three times in four weeks. once with the first phone that crashed. and twice with its replacement. for me, bluetooth was not involved. seems to be related to locking into network. no network or somehow unable to connect bugs out the radio i think...

the first phone never worked again. this one required a call to provider to reset all my network settings on server side plus hard reset the first time and somehow the second time i prayed and let it sleep overnight and it woke up fine.

Edited by lpasq

i had the same problem on my c500, but it doesnt do that on my c600. it never used to do that on my c500 but near the end of ite life it started to do it, weird could never understand y

Guest PompeyVin

I've also had problems with the C600 going into flight mode of its own accord, often whilst in my pocket on the way to work in the morning. Can only be solved by removing the battery and restarting the phone.

Guest Bibendum

Have noticed mine goes into flight mode sometimes after the following.

- When turning off bluetooth connection.

- When I lose signal.

At each point, I have to press power button and knock flight mode off.

Phone then returns to normal.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest IanClark

Same here.. C600 dropping into Flight mode for no reason... can't wait for a reg hack to disable flight mode entirely or at least a patch from Orange or whoever....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest perigee
Same here.. C600 dropping into Flight mode for no reason... can't wait for a reg hack to disable  flight mode entirely or at least a patch from Orange or whoever....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same thing just happened to me with my Cingular 2125. Woke up and phone was in Flight Mode. Turned off/on... didn't work. Finally made a call and it asked to turn it off.

Where do we report these bugs to make sure they get fixed?

Guest creamhackered

Are you sure it's definitely flight mode it's going into or is it just not coming back into reception?

Either way I used to have a problem similar to this. I'd go on the tube and lose reception and then come out of the tube and not regain reception within 5-10 mins so I had to put flight mode on and off in order to get it working.

I've upgraded to an AKU2 ROM and it's working fine now and I must say the battery life is better too, it's taking up 15% of battery each day even with GPRS constantly connected and grabbing push email.

Guest perigee
Are you sure it's definitely flight mode it's going into or is it just not coming back into reception?

Either way I used to have a problem similar to this. I'd go on the tube and lose reception and then come out of the tube and not regain reception within 5-10 mins so I had to put flight mode on and off in order to get it working.

I've upgraded to an AKU2 ROM and it's working fine now and I must say the battery life is better too, it's taking up 15% of battery each day even with GPRS constantly connected and grabbing push email.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I am certain it was stuck in Flight Mode. It said "Flight Mode" on the home screen, and there was an X under the signal meter. However, the menuing system did not "act" like it was in flight mode. The Bluetooth logo was still there, and when I pushed the power button to get to the menu to turn flight mode off, it actually tried to turn flight mode back on. It was like the menus thought flight mode was off, but the phone had it on. It wasn't till I tried to make a call that it prompted me asking to turn flight mode off. At this point, it really got turned off.

Also, scattered across some threads, I've seen people mention "upgrading" to ROMs of various other phone models. Can you explain this? Or point me somewhere I can read about it? Where do you obtain these other ROMs and what risks are there in putting a ROM on my Cingular 2125 that wasn't designed for my specific phone?

Thanks

Guest mstanley
Yes, I am certain it was stuck in Flight Mode.  It said "Flight Mode" on the home screen, and there was an X under the signal meter.  However, the menuing system did not "act" like it was in flight mode.  The Bluetooth logo was still there, and when I pushed the power button to get to the menu to turn flight mode off, it actually tried to turn flight mode back on.  It was like the menus thought flight mode was off, but the phone had it on.  It wasn't till I tried to make a call that it prompted me asking to turn flight mode off.  At this point, it really got turned off.

Also, scattered across some threads, I've seen people mention "upgrading" to ROMs of various other phone models.  Can you explain this?  Or point me somewhere I can read about it?  Where do you obtain these other ROMs and what risks are there in putting a ROM on my Cingular 2125 that wasn't designed for my specific phone?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi I had the same problem .

The fix is :

Turn Bluetooth off

Then Turn Flight Mode On & Off

He presto the device will then start searching for a Network.

This worked on the AKU 2 firmware on a Orange C600

Hope this helps

Mark

Guest perigee
Hi I had the same problem .

The fix is :

Turn Bluetooth off

Then Turn Flight Mode On & Off

He presto the device will then start searching for a Network.

This worked on the AKU 2 firmware on a Orange C600

Hope this helps

Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the tip... How often does this happen for you? I've had it happen once in the past week and it hasn't reoccurred yet.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dez16v

I have just had the same issue, the phone is switched on goes into flight mode.

This is the second time in about 3 weeks that it has happened.

I has annoyed me because it meant that I had missed calls and one of them was important!

I am in the habit of switching the phone on and then putting into my carry case for protection, before it has fully booted up. When I go to use my phone 3 hours later I notice that it has gone into flight mode on its own accord.

I did as an earlier post advised and went to make a call and then the phone asked me if I wanted to turn off flight mode, which I chose yes, then the phone searched for the network and I made my call.

I think it must have happened as a result of trying to get the phone into silent mode the night before, but it didnt work properly as I still heard a tone for a sms text that I recieved.

I set the phone to silent in the profiles menu which showed that it was ticked.

But the normal 'desktop' start menu screen which also shows battery life etc... did not show the 'vibrating' phone icon that it should.

This is clearly an issue and needs to be resolved by a possible rom upgrade.

dez16v :evil:

• 2 months later...
Guest martinfpc
Happening to me too on my C600 with the lastest rom from Orange - very annoying.

Same problem here.

Had the C600 for about 6mts with no problems, but since installing and using Mapopolis (with a BT GPS) it now frequently starts up in Flight Mode, never have the problem using CoPilot 6.

Fix is to bring up the power button menu...

Switch to Flight mode ('cause it's not on, according to the menu)...

Switch off FM...

It then picks up the network and it's ok till next time.

Cheers

Martin

Guest Potatohead
I have just had the same issue, the phone is switched on goes into flight mode.

This is the second time in about 3 weeks that it has happened.

I has annoyed me because it meant that I had missed calls and one of them was important!

I am in the habit of switching the phone on and then putting into my carry case for protection, before it has fully booted up. When I go to use my phone 3 hours later I notice that it has gone into flight mode on its own accord.

I did as an earlier post advised and went to make a call and then the phone asked me if I wanted to turn off flight mode, which I chose yes, then the phone searched for the network and I made my call.

I think it must have happened as a result of trying to get the phone into silent mode the night before, but it didnt work properly as I still heard a tone for a sms text that I recieved.

I set the phone to silent in the profiles menu which showed that it was ticked.

But the normal 'desktop' start menu screen which also shows battery life etc... did not show the 'vibrating' phone icon that it should.

This is clearly an issue and needs to be resolved by a possible rom upgrade.

dez16v :evil:

Which ROM Are u guys using.? I use flight mode to switch between sim cards on my dual SIM. With the original and latest orange ROM's (sim unlocked) Flight mode gave me probs. As soon as i switched to imate ROM on my c600 it all went away....... curious.....

Guest crossafied

i ran across this issue today with a cingular 2125 that has the cingular rom. the phone i use has the imate rom and i have never had any issue like this at all.

regardless the fix: at least on the 2125 if you tap* the power button it brings up the menu where you can turn it off. The phone works fine after that.

Has anyone found a definitive answer to why the phones are switching to this by themselves?

• 3 months later...
Happening to me too on my C600 with the lastest rom from Orange - very annoying.

What is the latest in this "stuck in flight mode" problem?

I've tried the solution of turn-off Bluetooth, and toggle Flight Mode - but that didn't work - except it turned BT back on.

Hard (cold) reset works - but that is no solution.

I'm now ring Orange Business .............. hmmm - no quite the answer I expected - they are sending a replacement phone............ :rolleyes: