MDA Internet shortcut error?

Guest cybergizmo

Guest cybergizmo

Hi,

NEWBIE here.

The Internet shortcut at the bottom right of the MDA screen causes the following error to be displayed. Any ideas on how I can fix it?

Shortcut Target

==========

Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename.

Hekp appretiated.

Guest dave106

never worked on mine either, if you go into settings and then system tab and then soft key you can change it to internet explorer which works. think t-mobile missed that bit in testing.

Guest cybergizmo

Thanks Guys, both Solve the issue.

Now if only I could stop it losing a signal whenever it feels like it I would have a great phone as well as a PDA.

John.

Guest Pondrew

I've found the signal to be ok on mine, and that's in a poor area (it's only ever 1 to 2bars as on ANY phone). cybergizmo, is it the GSM phone signal u're losing or is GPRS cutting out during use?

Guest cybergizmo
I've found the signal to be ok on mine, and that's in a poor area (it's only ever 1 to 2bars as on ANY phone). cybergizmo, is it the GSM phone signal u're losing or is GPRS cutting out during use?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, Its the GSM phone singal that keeps going. A soft reset seems to sort the problem out but its very annoying to have to do this. I was kind of expecting it to just find the signal again on its own.

Some days its fine, others once signal has gone it never comes back with a soft reset or forcing it to search again

Other than this issue, the phone is great.

8)

Guest Pondrew

Certainly not a problem I've had and you would have thought the fact I'm in a low signal area would make this more noticable. That suggests it isn't a general bug.

Which leaves a faulty handset or dodgy software...