Send files over bluetooth

Guest papcm

Hi,

I have this problem with my QTEK 8310:

I can´t send files over bluetooth to my phone. In the PC pop ups a small window saying that the phone don´t have the file transfer service. But from the phone to the PC, i can send files OK. I have the PC and phone paired.

Anyone with this problem?

Thanks.

Edited by papcm

I searched for available services for the device (the phone), and just display 3 services:

- dial-up networking

- OBEX object push

- voice gateway

The file transfer service don't appear, but if i can send files from the phone to the PC, the vice-versa would be possible to, don´t you think?

Guest barrowfordred

Bluetooth file transfer on the C600 is worse than the C500.

Those are the only bluetooth options I get with both my PC and my Ipaq.

Basically it's useless.

Guest shadamehr
I searched for available services for the device (the phone), and just display 3 services:

- dial-up networking

- OBEX object push

- voice gateway

The file transfer service don't appear, but if i can send files from the phone to the PC, the vice-versa would be possible to, don´t you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i meant do this once, so the PC 'knows' the phone can recieve.

Then try sending from the PC to the phone again.

And as for your last question, NO - just cos you can send phone to PC DOES NOT mean you can send PC to phone - C500 cannot receive from a PC, but CAN send to it.

If this still doesn't work now, it could be the Bluetooth software on your PC - in fact, most likely is, as I can send to my SP5 from all my PC's fine.

Albeit, unlike sending to Nokias with real OBEX support, when I send to my SP5, I DON'T get te file send progress bar that I get when sending to Nokias.

And to further clear this up - I CANNOT send to my C500, so it seems that support has been added to the SP5.

I'd be surprised therefore, if you can't send to a C600 in general - most likely its your PC's BT stack/driver version etc.

But now that you have had the PC 'learn' the services on the phone try sending again.

You HAVE got BT on on the phone, discoverable, set to recieve Incoming Beams AND the phone is not keylocked is it - this is a new security feature of WM5 - the phone needs to be none-key gaurd locked, or ALL BT trasfers in will fail.

Try all this and let us know.

Hi,

I tried to send one file again from the phone to the PC... and it works!

I didn't do anything different, but the PC received the file.

I can´t explain why didn´t works in others times.

Thanks to all

Guest jporch316

After lots of tweaking with third party software i was able to finally send to my c500 -

I had problems with the in built XP (sp2) bluetooth support and reverted to the bluetooth file manager software that came with my (usb) dongle. After playing with the software is started working.

MORAL - dont give up

(NB - havent tried with my c600 yet)

Guest roonster
Hi,

Thanks to all

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Been toying with this alot and this is what I've found (also see my post on this subject).

Sending files to Windows Mobile from a PC is very flaky. Although it nearly always works to other mobile makes it very unstable to Windows Mobile. It seems as if the OBEX seervce in the Windows Mobile is the problem as the bluetooth stack (Activesync / Headsets) seems fine.

To get it working (acceptably but not 100%) I had to do the following...

Download latest version of software & drivers used by PC bluetooth radio. Mine was Blue Soleil and the version that came with the radio on a CD failed 100% when sending to Windows Mobile but worked fine to other makes but after updating worked. The default Windows XP SP2 Bluetooth stack although basic seems to give the best results.

Been toying with this alot and this is what I've found (also see my post on this subject).

Sending files to Windows Mobile from a PC is very flaky. Although it nearly always works to other mobile makes it very unstable to Windows Mobile. It seems as if the OBEX seervce in the Windows Mobile is the problem as the bluetooth stack (Activesync / Headsets) seems fine.

To get it working (acceptably but not 100%) I had to do the following...

Download latest version of software & drivers used by PC bluetooth radio. Mine was Blue Soleil and the version that came with the radio on a CD failed 100% when sending to Windows Mobile but worked fine to other makes but after updating worked. The default Windows XP SP2 Bluetooth stack although basic seems to give the best results.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

In my case I have W2000. The PC have a built-in bluetooth and uses the Fujitsu Siemens Bluetooth Software 3.0.1.900.

Guest shadamehr
Hi,

Thanks to all

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe its becuase of te exact reason I told you to try on here - that the PC has now 'discovered' the available services on the Phone nad now knows it can send to it.