Activesync

Guest mozza

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing this problem. When I get into the office, sync my phone with my PC. Often I have to reset the XDA mini to get the activesync to work which is really annoying. Then if I take the phone away from the computer to make a call (play games on the toilet!!) when I try and sync it when I get back to the PC, I need to reset it again.

Please advise as it's driving me mad!

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same fault, really annoying.

I have 2 machines I sync with, home and office. I have recently hard reset my o2 XDA with basic settings, not tried corporate yet. Tried deleting the device from ActiveSync, re-installing ActiveSnc 4.1. Tried changing the power management settings on USB Hubs, checked Firewall settings, running out of ideas and just want it to work.

Current cycle:

- plug into PC

- Successfully sync's the device

- unplug device, XDA is working fine

- Plug back in

- Fails to identify device, ActiveSync cannot discover XDA, eventually times-out

- XDA now runs like a dog, very slow

- Soft reset, the cycle begins again.

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate the help.... driving me nuts

Thanks

Matt

Guest JamieDow

I found this with my M500, I uninstalled activesync, restarted the pc and reinstalled. Ever since then it's worked every time. Hope you get it working.

Thanks for the tip..

Tried un-installing ActiveSync, deleting the program folder, rebooted and installed ActiveSync 4.1... but still have the same problem :cry:

Guest djfuego
Thanks for the tip..

Tried un-installing ActiveSync, deleting the program folder, rebooted and installed ActiveSync 4.1... but still have the same problemĀ  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You might have multiple duplicate partnerships on active sync. I deleted the ones that where duplicated and I don't have that sync problem. 4.1

Well thanks for everyone's help, however the problem seems to have corrected itself and I am no longer experiencing it! I hope you all manage to resolve it as well.

• 6 months later...
Guest themoff
- plug into PC

- Successfully sync's the device

- unplug device, XDA is working fine

- Plug back in

- Fails to identify device, ActiveSync cannot discover XDA, eventually times-out

- XDA now runs like a dog, very slow

- Soft reset, the cycle begins again.

I'm getting this exact same problem.

Activesync 4.2, O2 XDA Mini-S.

I had the problem on my old PC, and now have a brand new PC and the problem is still there, suggesting the problem lies with the phone (or something installed on it).

I am really loathe to do a hard-reset cos it's a pain in the arris to reinstall everything how I like it, has anyone successfully got to the bottom of what causes this behaviour, and more importantly, how to fix it?

Thanks.