bbc radio on c600 thru pass through

Guest hoyler30589

Guest hoyler30589

hi,

i have got realplayer installed on my smartphone and it loads and plays the opening video. when trying to open the .ram shortcuts i get a timeout, ie still works and everything seems liking something is blocking it can anyone help?

thanks in advance

rich

• 1 month later...

Hmm i'm unaware of any UK network offering DMZ for GPRS. To be honest i'm not entirely sure how that would even be posible. How would DMZ work if 2 people wanted the same port forwared?

Also GPRS ip's are not static in any uk network i know of. They don't actually need to be because incoming connections (conections originated from outside the network) are not possible. So static ip's server no purpose there.

Any connection you originate would be seen as coming from the NAT ip.

I do know some uk networks offer public IP addresses tho in some special circumstances.

I beleive there is some confusion here about firewalls. The connection must be established from the client (your side) and the far end is replying using the same socket. This has nothing to do with DMZ and port forwarding.

Anyway back to the point, if you really need an incoming connection, setup a PPTP vpn to your home computer. You will then end up with an ip on your home network (probably priivate) and you can DMZ to that on your home router.

Guest v4victory

:| So we need to do port forwarding to listen to live streamed Radio ????

just like your IP Cam attached to ur router

ithink You need to enable DMZ only when you need to run a server on your computer or on ur device. try nullsoft video (NSV) and see if it works on ur device (you can download the pluging for ur browser from winamp shoutcast website) :idea:

My IP CAM works fine on my MDA vario with sound ;)

Edited by v4victory

You ONLY need to port forward if some machine on the internet is trying to connect to you. IT is initiating the connection.

If you initiate the connection (TCP) then the same socket can be used for the other machine to reply.

It's basic networking. You _may_ need port forwarding depending on the protocol your using. Having said that port forwarding isn't possible on GPRS AFAIK.

Thorwing around terms like port forwarding and DMZ without specifically understanding whats going on is just plain confusing and misleading.