miniSD manufacturer?

Guest imsganesh

Guest imsganesh

Hi All,

Is there any way to find the manufacturer of the miniSD card using the phone?

I ordered for a 1GB Sandisk miniSD card and got it today. But in the card the word "Sandisk" is not printed as shown in the websites. The adapter that came with this card also doesn't have any thing written about Sandisk. I'm just wondering whether I've got some other card instead of Sandisk?

btw, i'm using Audiovox SMT5600...Sandisk? 1GB miniSD.

Thanks!

SG

Guest tsutton

If it's not branded, it is more likely to be a different make. Contact them and see what they say.

Having a branded and unbraded card are different and can affect the price.

Guest Griff_FFOC

I just received my 1gb Sandisk a couple of days ago, and it's definately brandad as in the above picture.

As for you question of finding out the manufacuturer, I don't know.

Guest imsganesh

Hi All,

I asked the seller and they're saying that the card I got was Toshiba's 1GB miniSD card. The guy said the Sandisk one is in backorder, so they sent me this card instead!

Is anyone using Toshiba's card?? Is this card good? I couldn't find a link for a review when i googled also...

Anyone, pls suggest whether I should return the card, as I've no idea!

Thanks!

SG

Guest imsganesh

Yes! its working now... I'm just trying to cautious if something goes bad later...cos i've read many review on sandisk cards, but not on the other ones...

Guest Disco Stu

imsganesh : our photos are both equally bad and the 'Mini SD' logo is the same for all the brands I have.

SanDisk, MobyMemory & KingMax all have their own logos added to this.

Might well be nothing but I wonder why Toshiba's name isn't on yours.

ajb3000's point is valid too though. They probably all come off the same production line !

Hi I use a pqi (whoever they are!!!!) card in my C500 and it works just fine. It is only 512MB though (if that makes a difference). So I would not worry too much. the only issue really is the price.