C550 Vs M1500

Guest sSword

Hi

Friend of mine has a M1500 and I have a C550

I was wondering about the OS

They both have Windows Mobile 2003SE on them but in use there seems to be a fair few differences

Is there more than one version of WM2003 how can you tell the diff?

Edited by sSword

We are talking different worlds here. The one (c550) is a Smartphone, without a touchscreen, with smaller CPU capacity ... but great design taking in mind how big it is.

The M1500 you are pointing at is a PocketPC, which makes it different from the c550 for many reasons. Speaking of the OS - yes, different platforms with better use for the pocketPC version thanks to the implementation of the touchscreen, different processor architecture, the first thing i can think of is the "right click" which is very handy indeed. M1500 as far as I know supports also WiFi, which makes it even more usable (assuming you know how to take advantage of the technology).

The real question you should ask yourself is how bad you need a PocketPC with all the pros (functionality, screen size, CPU power) and negs (size, weight, price) or choose the smaller variant and still have quite a good choice of functions in a really small format.