MPX200

Guest hotdude69x

Guest hotdude69x

I desperately need help, I ugraded my MPX200 to english version wm2003. Initially all went well after the upgrade, however 1 week after that the phone started to have very bad reception. The antenna either have 1 or 2 bars then go completely "barless" for most of the time. I am getting frustrated as I am facing difficulties in making & receiving calls. I don't remember dropping the phone to cause it to go faulty all of a sudden. Before the upgrade, I didn't encounter such issues. Motorola told me they can't fix it(obviously) & advice me to get a replacement phone. Should I downgrade back to wm2000 to correct the problem? Is that possible? Please advice.

Guest fluffcat1
I desperately need help, I ugraded my MPX200 to english version wm2003. Initially all went well after the upgrade, however 1 week after that the phone started to have very bad reception. The antenna either have 1 or 2 bars then go completely "barless" for most of the time. I am getting frustrated as I am facing difficulties in making & receiving calls. I don't remember dropping the phone to cause it to go faulty all of a sudden. Before the upgrade, I didn't encounter such issues. Motorola told me they can't fix it(obviously) & advice me to get a replacement phone. Should I downgrade back to wm2000 to correct the problem? Is that possible? Please advice.

Did you back it up first? There is a 'gsm fix' patch out there for wm2003 on the internet. Google it. If this thread gets pulled (likely) just search this site as there are older threads about this that haven't yet been censored ;-)

Richard

Guest hotdude69x
Did you back it up first? There is a 'gsm fix' patch out there for wm2003 on the internet. Google it. If this thread gets pulled (likely) just search this site as there are older threads about this that haven't yet been censored ;-)

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will the gsm fix solve my problem???

Guest awarner [MVP]

The only time you need the GSM fix is if you have the original hacked cartman rom. Later varients of the rom then had this fixed already installed.

All 2003 hacked roms originate from the AT&T rom that was given to a few people at a convention.

Guest hotdude69x
The only time you need the GSM fix is if you have the original hacked cartman rom. Later varients of the rom then had this fixed already installed.

All 2003 hacked roms originate from the AT&T rom that was given to a few people at a convention.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it a possibility that the wm2003 caused my predicament? Would it be wise to downgrade it back to wm2002?

Guest awarner [MVP]

It is possible as you may have obtained one of the many altered 2003 varients. This is the problem with using ilegal software, it's not been through the proper testing process.

The MPX200 has never been the best phone for reception.