Syncing WM5 over WIFI?

Guest Eran

Guest Wam7
I'm sure that you can make a vpn connection between your phone and pc in this way but it won't help you to ActiveSync

If you go to ActiveSync's help file and open the first page, "Welcome to ActiveSync", it says at the top that

looeee

So whatever happened to this.... still not possible.

Guest Neil5459
So whatever happened to this.... still not possible.

No, not possible and no sign that it will be. A/S over Bluetooth remains possible.

Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom decided A/S over WiFi was a potential security risk, so removed it from A/S 4.0 onwards. They have intimated that the level of requests to reinstate it have been very high, and it may be reconsidered in the future.

Guest Wam7
No, not possible and no sign that it will be. A/S over Bluetooth remains possible.

Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom decided A/S over WiFi was a potential security risk, so removed it from A/S 4.0 onwards. They have intimated that the level of requests to reinstate it have been very high, and it may be reconsidered in the future.

A/S over Bluetooth is still possbile as I still use it with A/S 4.5. I would have liked the higher speed and farther range of Wifi but will watch this space.