Audiovox SMT5600

Guest budworm711

Guest budworm711

Hello,

I recently puchased the Audiovox SMT5600 and am using here in Canada on the Rogers Wireless network. One problem I'm having with the phone is that the backlight comes on when I place the phone in the carry case. Bascially, when the keylock is enabled, the phone ignores all keys except the START key (labelled as UNLOCK on the phone during the keylocked mode) on the front, which is part of the unlock sequence. When the START key is depressed, the backlight comes on, instructing the user to select the "#" key to unlock the keypad. When inside the case, the START key on the front is depressed continuously, thus the backlight remains on.

I've read through the forum at the various keylock problems, however none seems to address this problem directly. Does anyone know of a fix for this so that the backlight will remain off continuously while the keylock is enabled?

Thanks!

Don

• 2 months later...
Guest chad-r

Is there a fix for this issue yet? I don't know if the fix would be specific to the firmware, but I am using the qtec 2.0.9.0 firmware.

Chad