WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone -- I've got a new HTC P6500 (Windows Mobile 6) which apparently doesn't work with WM5torage. Does anyone have ideas on how to get this working? If the problem is the USB driver on the unit, is there any way to update it?

Thanks!

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest twism

hello,

i've got a problem, i can't get wm5torage installed on my t-mobile MDA VARIO.

i downloaded wm5torage and it's a .cab file.

normally i can easyle installe .cab files, but i can't installe this one.

if I click on wm5torage.cab the install-procces doesn't begin.

it would be opened in winrar and i see a few files like 001-bestand and a few other files.

I have tried many things but nothings works, i can't get this program installed on my mda vario

can someone help me?

Thanks

twism

Guest l3v5y
hello,

i've got a problem, i can't get wm5torage installed on my t-mobile MDA VARIO.

i downloaded wm5torage and it's a .cab file.

normally i can easyle installe .cab files, but i can't installe this one.

if I click on wm5torage.cab the install-procces doesn't begin.

it would be opened in winrar and i see a few files like 001-bestand and a few other files.

I have tried many things but nothings works, i can't get this program installed on my mda vario

can someone help me?

Thanks

twism

Opening it with WinRAR will not help... WinRAR will decompres the CAB, but the files inside it are edited by the _setup.xml in the cab, and so the file names and extensions will not help...

What version is this, and where did you get the cab from?

Also, this is the Smartphone fora, not the PPC fora (Vario has a touch screen...)

Guest twism

i download the file from this forum and the file called wm5torage_18.

just when i added my reply i saw the differents in this forum between touch en non touch.

my apologise for posting in the wrong forum.

but this file doesn't for touch screens?

i already searched in the touchscreen area for a program that is the same, but i didn't find it.

Thanks!

twism

Guest Ingvarr

This thread and WM5torage version here are both for touch and non-touchscreen WM devices - its same for both and should work on both types.

No idea why CAB doesnt work for you though, it works for everybody else. Obviously you must run it (click on it) not from PC but from your mobile device.

Guest l3v5y
This thread and WM5torage version here are both for touch and non-touchscreen WM devices - its same for both and should work on both types.

No idea why CAB doesnt work for you though, it works for everybody else. Obviously you must run it (click on it) not from PC but from your mobile device.

One thought... Try an older version of WM5Torage...

• 1 month later...
Guest FarCry3r

uh, WM5torage installs fine on my HTC TyTN II, and when connecting to a Windows Vista 32-bit PC, it shows the driver install progress, but when I try to access, it say my card is not formatted. What happens? I use WM5torage 1.8 FYI... not only that, device hangs when I disconnected from PC...

Edited by FarCry3r

• 4 weeks later...
Guest derry1976

Hi! First of all let me say thank you for your fantastic work on this software. Seems to be really usefull and is exactly the kind of application that I have been looking for since some time ago to use it with my HTC Touch Dual.-

Unfortunatly wm5storage didn't work fine with my PDA (I've the problem explained in FAQ #1) and I decided to unninstall it but since I uninstalled the software my PC don't start the ActiveSync process when I plug the PDA. Of course, I read the FAQ's and I followed the instructions given there with no success (my PC recognices my pda but a USB unit not like a PDA and so doesn't launch the ActiveSync process.

Do you have any other idea or solution for my issue? Thanks a lot!

Q - I have deinstalled the WM5torage, now the PC does not see the PDA/smartphone and I can not synchronize via ActiveSync!

A - This happens sometimes after the freeze or improper deinstallation without the proper WM5torage deactivation. Do the soft-reset. Install wm5torage again. Activate/Deactivate it. Also you can try to enable/disable the "USB modem" mode if your device has one.

I can add more information to my issue:

After uninstalling wm5Storage and soft reseting my PDA when I plug the PDA to my PC the system installs an HTC USB Sync device under the category "Dispositivos USB de Windows CE" (something like "Windows CE's USB Devices") in the device manager.

Edited by derry1976

I was a very happy user of WM5torage on my PPC6700 and was therefore very disappointed last year when I could not get it to work on my new Mogul/PPC6800. However, I just stumbled upon an alternative that does work on the Mogul, so if you've been unable to get WM5torage to work with your device, you may want to try nueMassStorage.

Guest mullisj
I was a very happy user of WM5torage on my PPC6700 and was therefore very disappointed last year when I could not get it to work on my new Mogul/PPC6800. However, I just stumbled upon an alternative that does work on the Mogul, so if you've been unable to get WM5torage to work with your device, you may want to try nueMassStorage.

This also works for my Touch/Elf w/ new rom.

Thanks del4

Edited by mullisj

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Martin Bodlak

Hello, any info about WM5torage on Palm Treo Pro?

AFAIK Palm Treo Pro has some special mode in which it can show some limited flash disk with Outlook or ActiveSync or something.

It would be nice if this mode can be "taught" to access also memory card..!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrRalphMan

Hi,

Thanks for what looks like a great bit of software, shame it's not working on my Dell Axim X50v.

It connects and I can browse the directory structure, but when I try to open a file or write a file to the disk my computer hangs.

It frees itself up after I deactivate the software.

Any idea why, is it just a dodgy USB driver?

Many Thanks.

Paul

• 1 month later...
Guest Ingvarr

New version 1.89 Release Candidate 2 is available for testing!

Two new features:

- "Two-way" - ability to simultaneously access the card both from Windows Mobile and from USB, so when you connect USB the card will not disappear on the phone! This however has one limitation - one of them always must be read only access, to prevent corruption.

So two scenarios are possible:

1. Enable "Read-Only". The card will be read-only from USB. However, Windows Mobile will still have full access to the card.

2. Disable "Read-Only". The card will be writeable from USB. Windows Mobile will still see the card, but will be unable to write to it.

Two-way is not a replacement for ActiveSync, this is primarily to allow people to still use some semi-static data (ringtones/etc) from storage card while using it in mass drive mode. Files written by USB will not immediately visible by Windows Mobile, and vice versa.

- Proper support for device icon and description in the File Explorer. So device will not be just generic "Removable Drive (F:)". It will have proper description and even big Vista icon (if your device is modern enough to expose custom sync icon artwork).

- Fixed bug with invisible checkmarks in the Troubleshooting menu

Thanks to all people who donated! :(

WM5torage_189RC2.CAB

Edited by Ingvarr

It allways worked before on trinity, why wouldnt you try by yourself

Off-course i have it on my Trinity ......the older Ver 1.8, i'm asking about the new Beta version?.

Also my interest is for the HTC HD T8282 which i intend to purchase very soon.

In any case my deep appreciation to "Ingvarr " on such a great program.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.