DontForget (Missed SMS,MMS,Call reminder)

Guest Treschic
Not sure what could be going on with your device. I use wav files for all the alert sounds on my Q.

True, after verifying, my Q does play .wav files -- some formats, anyway.

I believe I'm experiencing what another user encountered, the inability to play a certain type of .wav file. Certain .wav files play using the the Media Player, but that same file is not playable/testable using Don'tForget. Other .wav files don't play at all, evey with the Media Player.

Anyway, hujer has replied letting me know the proper .wav format to convert my non-playable files to.

Thanks so much.

Edited by Treschic

CAB Installer for the DontForget 2.0 Beta 1 now available

Because there are many people who wanted this automatic installation via CAB file, I created it for you. Now you can just install DontForget 2.0 Beta1 as usual.

Please keep in mind this installation will overwrite the previous one (e.g. version 1.22) already installed on your device. But all your settings already made in previous version should be preserved.

Before update be sure DontForget nor DontForgetAdmin is not running.

To ensure that run Admin program and choose „Terminate service“ from the menu !

Download DontForget 2.0 Beta1 CAB here

• 1 month later...

Hi Hujer,

Love DontForget! It's the last piece I need to make my HTC Star Trek the perfect smartphone for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

One question about the wav files. I seem to get a click or pop at the end of any file I seem to play for the reminder. I am setting to 22k 8bit mono but even the trolley.wav file clicks and pops at the end.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Let me know...thanks!

Sinjin

Hi Hujer,

Love DontForget! It's the last piece I need to make my HTC Star Trek the perfect smartphone for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

One question about the wav files. I seem to get a click or pop at the end of any file I seem to play for the reminder. I am setting to 22k 8bit mono but even the trolley.wav file clicks and pops at the end.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Sinjin

Hm, on my device (Qtek 8310) it does maybe the same but I never pay attention to it. Try to play the same sound in the MediaPlayer or play it directly on PC and watch if it's doing the same (on PC is the best to do that with headphones). You also can try to trim down the volume in the WAV's begin/end, but you need some software to do that. Otherwise I am afraid I cannot help you ...

• 2 weeks later...

DontForget 2.0 released !!!

Available languages: English, Czech, Slovakian, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Polish and Russian.

Detailed information and download you can find HERE !

New thread for the DontForget 2.x already started >>

Please stop posting here - use the new thread instead.

Enjoy

Hujer

Edited by hujer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.