Active sync Troubles

Guest TomaHawk

Guest TomaHawk

Weh i try and sync i get a messege saying the is nto enough space and to delete some information form my exchange server.

i only sync calender and contacts not e-mail.

so im not sure wahty the problem is anyway i need to sort it out becasue the sync doesnt complete so my calenders not correct.

thanks.

Edit: sorry sohuld of put this in help and advice if someone would be so kind as to move it. thanks.

Edited by TomaHawk

Guest TomaHawk

sorry for bumping this but does anyone have anyideas becasue i essentially cant sync untill this is fixed and im sure its quite a simple problem?

Guest jimbouk
sorry for bumping this but does anyone have anyideas becasue i essentially cant sync untill this is fixed and im sure its quite a simple problem?

Are you using your own server, or a hosted service with a space limit?

Guest TomaHawk

A hosted server wit ha space limit i presume but as i dont sync emails i dont see why this should be a problem?

if it is how can i delete them?

Guest fraser

You'd need web access to the account to delete them, but that's not the problem IMHO. Do you have large attachments in your Tasks / Contacts maybe?

Error messages are often wrong. A "not enough space" message could mean anything from "you don't have permission to edit this" to "look, I'm completely broken but the programmer didn't predict this, so I'm going to tell you not enough space and hopefully you'll post on a web forum for assistance!") ;)

With regards to the sync, does anything actually sync at all? This would indicate that the connection was OK, probably just a settings issue. Most likely a problem at the Exchange end if you ask me.