Fizz traveller on homepage screen

Guest Waddle08

Guest Waddle08

Hi

I'm a newbie I'm afraid, and I'm playing with xml.

I have fizz traveller, but when I declare the plugin in the xml code the homepage only displays the "Fizz Traveller, press action to start". I was hoping to get the weather display. I changed my homescreen settings in Fizz Traveller to weather, but still can't get the weather to be displayed. I tried a trail of fizz weather and that worked on the homescreen with the correct plugin details

Thanks

Guest Disco Stu

Hello and a big welcome to the forum ;) :P

The reason I'm so excited is because you have made the same (and you're gonna kick yourself..) simple error that I and so many others have. Try pushing the joystick to the right.

;)

Guest Waddle08
Hello and a big welcome to the forum :P ;)

The reason I'm so excited is because you have made the same (and you're gonna kick yourself..) simple error that I and so many others have. Try pushing the joystick to the right.

;)

Thanks

I'm suitably embarrased

;)

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi all highlight the Fizz Traveller line and press right on your joystick that should switch screens.

If you want to change cities when you are on the Birmingham, England page etc press Action and this will cycle through your cities.

Guest Qtek8310

Great! I also stuck on the right joystick trick ;)

I don't like the small characters in the original QVGAfizz-homescreen, so I fit the plugin into the standard Windows Homescreen.

This is the windows screen with icons on top.

I attached it to this post for if other people like it also.

Just replace the original QVGA homescreen with this one. Dll file is the original

Tested on my Qtek 8310

Enjoy!

Fizz_homescreen.rar

Guest Waddle08
Great! I also stuck on the right joystick trick ;)

I don't like the small characters in the original QVGAfizz-homescreen, so I fit the plugin into the standard Windows Homescreen.

This is the windows screen with icons on top.

I attached it to this post for if other people like it also.

Just replace the original QVGA homescreen with this one. Dll file is the original

Tested on my Qtek 8310

Enjoy!

Hi All

I've got the display working mow, but in the xml, I can't change the height of the Fizz traveller in my homscreen, I'm using Traveller 2.2 I think

Thanks

Dave

Guest Qtek8310

It's possible, but you can upgrade for free from 2.2 to 2.3! Great service!

After changing the hight, did you load another homescreen, and reloaded the changed one?

Guest Waddle08

After changing the hight, did you load another homescreen, and reloaded the changed one?

Yep, but I'll try again, just to make sure I'm not having a funny five mins

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pavankp

Were you able to change the height of the Fizz Traveller plugin in the homescreen? I tried various values for the height parameter, but it had no effect at all on how it looked on the homescreen. I am running v2.3. Can you please post the XML for that plugin?

Thanks,

Pavan

Guest Qtek8310
Were you able to change the height of the Fizz Traveller plugin in the homescreen? I tried various values for the height parameter, but it had no effect at all on how it looked on the homescreen. I am running v2.3. Can you please post the XML for that plugin?

Thanks,

Pavan

I now also found out that it didn't change. Although you can change the height, it doesn't respond.

I changed the height only with a few pixels and was assuming that it changed, but didn't.

Sorry :)

Anyway, here's my homescreen Screen003.bmp

Traveller.qvga.home.xml

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nastassja

i'm also having problems with 2.3, i can't get the plugin to show on the home screen, only thing i did is upgrade from 2.2 :/

• 1 year later...
Guest samawil

You can not change the height of the plugin...what you can do is change the fizz traveler plugin to the fizz weather plugin and then, in the fizzweather homescreen settings, choose one of the smaller homescreen layouts...

I'm working on adding fizz to my home screen, but unfortunately the text is only showing in black (see attached bmp.) if anyone knows how to xml the text color for the fizz plugins, that would be greatly appreciated. I sent an email to fizz but no reply so far... I'll post if they reply,

Thanks

LS

lsfizzweather.bmp

Guest samawil
Is it possible to show only one day weather and not for the hole week ?

yes...you choose what you want to see from the options view once you are inside fizz weather

LS