canned tex

Guest spudboy

Guest spudboy

having searched on the forum i have noticed that no-one has put this up on the forum.

every now and then i get rid of crap thats on my c550, opened up smart explorer and was searching stuff i could get rid of folder by folder to make the phone run a tad quicker, not that it runs slow by any means!!

i went to the path:

storage\my documents\UAcontents

this opens up several files which are data folders, which i cannot access without any muckin about, so i then saw the 'CannedText' files, not knowing what these were i knew i could view the text files on my phone so had a look, the date these files were made were

16.6.05 4 files dated this date

11.3.06 1 file dated this date

im not quite sure but i think i had the phone on both of those date so nothing had been added at orange or htc then? what are they? well,

cannedtext 407 is german message

cannedtext 409 is english message

cannedtext 40C is french message

cannedtext 410 is spanish message

cannedtext 413 is ? not any language i understand anyway?

but my english is suprisingly good!!

so i grabbed the english file off my phone (the others are not retrievable through active sync??)

here it is:

Edited by spudboy

Guest SilentlyScreaming

sounds like the templates you get in some messaging programs. I've seen something like that on mine.

They are normally customizable, and exist to stop you from having to type in commonly used phrases over and over....

It could be from...

Agile Messenger

MeetingPoint

Smurf (don't think so)

Another Bluetooth/Net based messenging program.

Don't think its anything to worry about.

Unless anyone else can confirm different?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Canned texts are used for MMS message. There is an option to delete each canned message on the phone (check the screengrabs).

post-12251-1147908143_thumb.jpg post-12251-1147908164_thumb.jpg post-12251-1147908184_thumb.jpg

;)

Guest spudboy
Canned texts are used for MMS message. There is an option to delete each canned message on the phone (check the screengrabs).

post-12251-1147908143_thumb.jpg post-12251-1147908164_thumb.jpg post-12251-1147908184_thumb.jpg

;)

cheers for clearing that up for me ;) guess i have never seen it cos i dont use templates an stuff, i believe it is actually quicker to type it in than go for that text anyway, so its just for the lazy people then :P

stu

Guest Disco Stu

I always delete the lot after unlocking a phone to save some memory space.

I used to edit it to something I was more likely to use but then realised that sending 'standard' texts would lose me friends very rapidly ;)