Radio Stream on SDA

Guest crazyasslatino

Guest crazyasslatino

hey guys i know this topic was around b4 but couldnt find any answer so i hope some1 here help me.

when i try to stream a radio online with my phone it wont work but only works when i connect it to the usb, tell me why and how can i use it without the wire?

Guest sporkguy

Do you have your GPRS settings installed correctly? and does your network allow you to access the full internet or does it restrict you to network-only content?

Guest pd.ryder

Connecting via USB will give you 'passthrough' access to your PC's high-speed data connection. This will invariably be much faster than GPRS. This might be what causes your problem, but you don't say exactly what your problem is - other than 'it won't work'. What does it do? Any error message or poor audio?

Guest crazyasslatino

well ok 1st i got the gprs put up correctly but what i want is to do is listen to internet radio when im away from my pc and listen to it to my phone, the phone says the connection cant go thru whatever. so to listen the radio on the phone i haev to plug my usb

Guest pavankp
well ok 1st i got the gprs put up correctly but what i want is to do is listen to internet radio when im away from my pc and listen to it to my phone, the phone says the connection cant go thru whatever. so to listen the radio on the phone i haev to plug my usb

Does your internet access work when you are away from the PC? I can listen to online radio away from PC over GPRS. It must be something in your GPRS settings, if it is working when plugged in, but not working otherwise. If your browser works when away from the PC, it could be that some ports are blocked by your operator when using GPRS.

Pavan

Guest crazyasslatino
Does your internet access work when you are away from the PC? I can listen to online radio away from PC over GPRS. It must be something in your GPRS settings, if it is working when plugged in, but not working otherwise. If your browser works when away from the PC, it could be that some ports are blocked by your operator when using GPRS.

Pavan

well i got this setup to use real internet browser with my 5.99 internet plan, i dont want to pay $20 a month for internet! lol but anyways, the internet works when im outside and all but when i want to stream radio with it it wont let me... says it cant find connection, any1 would like to help me out with this one? cuz this what i got on my set up, some1 posted this on this site awhile ago..

-------------------------------------------------

T-Mobile GPRS setup

-------------------

Access Point - wap.voicestream.com, IP=0.0.0.0

outgoing mail: myemail.t-mobile.com

T-Mobile USA

GPRS Connections

Description: T-Zones GPRS

Connects to: The Interent

Access point: wap.voicestream.com

User name:

Password:

Primary DNS: 216.155.165.50

Secondary DNS:

IP address:

Proxy Connections

Description: T-Zones Proxy

Connects from: The Internet

Connects to: WAP Network

Proxy (name:port): 216.155.165.50:8080

Type: HTTP

User name:

Password:

Make sure that no other settings have been entered in each of the respected sections, only have T-Zones GPRS settings in the GPRS Connections section, and T-Zones Proxy in the Proxy Connections section, that's it. Apparently to many settings fouls everything up.

Also pay close attention to the Secondary DNS entry of the GPRS Connections, no it's not a mistake, and I didn't forget to enter in an address, you want to leave it BLANK, just like the User name, Password, and IP address.

Now set all the connections to Automatic. If the Work Connection or the Secure WAP Connection or both say None Available, you OK, don't worry about those two, but Internet and WAP connections should both be set to Automatic.

The last thing you will want to do is configure Internet Explorer on your Smartphone.

Go to: Internet Explorer - Menu - Options - Connections

-Make sure there is NO check mark in the box to Automatically Detect Settings.

-Select Network : WAP Network

• 1 month later...
Guest hyedipin

download Resco Radio, it works perfectly with OGG channels, supposed to work with mp3 and AAC channels as well, but Resco Radio support sucks, so good luck :)