Sniper

Guest greenturtle

Guest iforevans
Can someone check if this is a bug please?

If I close Sniper via the "options, exit" menu, then I can re-run Sniper later without problems.

If I have it running and press Home, then kill it off using Task Manager (as I often do) then I can't run it again. The phone just sits on the start menu when I try to run it. A restart of the phone and it will then run again.

Tried on a C600 with no app unlock or sim unlock.

What version are u using? is it a registered copy?

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
Can someone check if this is a bug please?

If I close Sniper via the "options, exit" menu, then I can re-run Sniper later without problems.

If I have it running and press Home, then kill it off using Task Manager (as I often do) then I can't run it again. The phone just sits on the start menu when I try to run it. A restart of the phone and it will then run again.

Tried on a C600 with no app unlock or sim unlock.

Hmmm ... I think I may have a clue ... let me investigate some more ...

...Ifor (Sniper Developer)

Guest nastassja

i just tested this on my registered copy (1.0.160) so that you can have more feedback (smartphone qtek 8310) and:

1) bluetooth off, start it, kill task, rerun.. ERROR (won't start)

2) bluetooth on, start it, kill task, rerun.. ERROR (won't start)

so same thing here.

Guest iforevans
i just tested this on my registered copy (1.0.160) so that you can have more feedback (smartphone qtek 8310) and:

1) bluetooth off, start it, kill task, rerun.. ERROR (won't start)

2) bluetooth on, start it, kill task, rerun.. ERROR (won't start)

so same thing here.

Yeah, I suspect I know what the issue is ... leave it with me.

Guest migsoft_dev

Latest versions with PPC and Smartphone PC EXE installers can be found on Sniper official homepage:

www.smartphone.si

There is also special Sniper forum (requires free registration) with latest Sniper skins!

Check it out!

Regards

Edited by migsoft_dev

Guest flodis79

I was sending a Sniper message from my HTC Tornado to a Nokia 6600. Seems there was something wrong with the Unicode formatting, because all I could see in the Nokia 6600 was ten squares. Is UTF wrongly configured in my phone or the recipient phone? Just so I know where to start to look.. Thanks! :)

Guest migsoft_dev

We will check this today.

Regards

-----------------

SNIPER Latest versions with PPC and Smartphone PC EXE installers can be found on Sniper official homepage:

www.smartphone.si

There is also special Sniper forum (requires free registration) with latest Sniper skins!

Check it out!

Regards

I was sending a Sniper message from my HTC Tornado to a Nokia 6600. Seems there was something wrong with the Unicode formatting, because all I could see in the Nokia 6600 was ten squares. Is UTF wrongly configured in my phone or the recipient phone? Just so I know where to start to look.. Thanks! :)

Guest iforevans
Was thinking of buying sniper but it seems still abit too buggy for me :)

Hi peekie,

As far as i'm aware there are only two?

1. Sniper can't be restarted if killed by a third party taskmanager. You must exit sniper using its exit menu option

2. One person has reported that sending to one device seems to have an encoding issue

Number 1, i am working on and there will be a fix very shorty (free for registered users).

Number 2, I just heard about and will investigate.

Are there others that I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

Hi mate,

Thanks for reporting it. I'll investigate and get back to you.

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that xavierjohn22 has started posting some cool skins for sniper here Sniper skins

I am hoping he'll make them available for download as well :)

Cheers

PS

I'll be posting my progress on the two bugs here as well as MoDaCoSniper as well.

Cheers

...Ifor

Edited by iforevans

Guest xavierjohn22
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that xavierjohn22 has started posting some cool skins for sniper here Sniper skins

I am hoping he'll make them available for download as well :)

Cheers

PS

I'll be posting my progress on the two bugs here as well as MoDaCoSniper as well.

Cheers

...Ifor

Thanks Ifor, it's a privilege doing those, yes it will be available for download soon enough, i've just started some. Good day to you and to all!!!

Guest iforevans

Hi,

I've made an enhancement to sniper so that when you compose a msg you can choose the encoding to send with. Sniper will default to the usual ASCII but you can try UTF16 as well and hopefully your nokia will be able to read it.

I should point out this is really an issue with the receiving device *but* no harm in allowing Sniper to lend a helping hand to devicees/apps that are having problems :)

Please make sure that you download the latest version of Sniper 1.0.161 from Sniper

Then go to the Sniper forum on Smartphone.si I am going to post the fix there for you to download and try *before* i make it availabe for general release.

PS this version also ibcludes a fix for Sniper not restarting after being killed by task managers. I will hopefully release this tonight if the testing goes well.

Cheers

...ifor

Guest iforevans

Hi, I have posted the new sniper executable on smartphone.si on the Sniper forum (registration is free and quick) here Click Here

Make sure Install 1.0.161 *before* trying the executable or Sniper will not work. Then when u compose a msg to the nokia try a diferent encoding before sending to find out which one works for it.

I will point out again this is an issue with the receiving app/device, this is a workaround I have added to Sniper.

...Ifor

Edited by iforevans

Guest iforevans

Hi guys,

I have posted a fix for the issue that if Sniper is killed by an external task manager it cannot be restarted on smartphone.si

It can be downloaded HERE

This is a free upgrade for registered users.

This also includes an enhancement to the Compose Message form in Sniper. You can now choose what encoding to send a message in. This may help with some devices that have trouble handling diferent encodings from those used natively by Sniper.

*Also* xavierjohn22 has made a whole load of really cool new Sniper skins available for download HERE

You will need to be logged in to see the skins downloads, but registration is free, quick and easy.

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

Hey guys,

I found a bug in the PPC version of Sniper today. This is something that should *really* have come out in testing.

Can I have a few volunteers to download and try the latest version PPC, of Sniper and give it a good testing for me? I have tested myself but as we all know developers *never* find bugs that you will :)

Can be downloaded here HERE

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

Hi Guys,

Sniper 1.0.170 has been released. This has rolled up a few suggestions and the one bugfix everyone was asking for. You can kill Sniper from Oxios task manager or any other task manager and Sniper will restart fine.

This is a free upgrade for registered users and a three days trial if you're not :)

The PPC version is now as stable as the Smartphone version. You can choose the method of encoding a text msg for those devices that are unable to handle encoding correctly. (I'd love some feedback on this one, I've seen it working to an old P800 but would love some more verification).

As usual the latest Sniper can be downloaded from www.smartphone.si HERE

Cheers guys.

...Ifor

Guest iforevans

Hi Guys,

Sniper 1.0.177 is available for testing!

I am posting the test CABS for version 1.0.177 *HERE*

(You will need to be a registered user of the forum, but registration is quick & free)

This version incorporates a fix for the issue of trying exit Sniper at Startup not working.

It also includes:-

1. An *Address Book*. Wheh you click on messages now there is an extra option to save the address to the address book. Similary in the scanner you can click on a device and save to the adress book (with friendly names!)

2. *Message* templates! Sniper now comes with message templates built in. When you go to compose a message you will have thchoice to use of the built in templates (there are only 3 for testing) and when you make a new message you can save it as a template for use again later!

I think you guys will really appreciate these new features. :)

*BUT* they do need testing before it can be released properly

Registered users this version will run with your old reg code. This is a *FREE* upgrade ...

Enjoy

...Ifor

Edited by iforevans

Guest peekie

See sniper has already been cracked by the pirate sites , probably better on the future versions to include a better security system as that was cracked very quickly :)

Guest conan_troutman

yeah but that means its a much sort after program so its also a compliment....you might have to tie in the email address too.

Guest iforevans
See sniper has already been cracked by the pirate sites , probably better on the future versions to include a better security system as that was cracked very quickly :)

Hi Peekie,

thanks for letting me know although I was aware of it. The version that is cracked is a very old BETA (thanks :) whoever let that out) version that is very buggy, is missing most of the really good features, and is pain to use cos it throws exceptions every new page. In this case using device id would've made no diference.

As far as I am aware the current released version 1.0.170 has not been cracked. Also, there is a new version which will be released in the next few days which has a *lot* of new features (message templates, address book, extra skinnability opf the scanner, conan will like this one etc), uses device id for registration, and will not have a trial. Instead there will be a limited demo version. This release will be a lot more secure as I am very unhappy that all my hard work is being ripped off.

Cheers

...Ifor

Edited by iforevans

Guest leethacker

oh damn, sniper already cracked. :)

keep on improving security and features to make the lives of those freakin' pirates harder ...

Guest iforevans
oh damn, sniper already cracked. :)

keep on improving security and features to make the lives of those freakin' pirates harder ...

I have to tell you mate. If the next version is cracked, there will be no more releases. Ever. Period. Then everyone suffers and you can all live with buggy old Mobiluck. The pirates will ruin it for everyone. I'm not Microsoft, i do this to pay the rent.

I am not going to work myself to death so a bunch of freeloaders can enjoy all my hard work for free.

Sorry if I sound bitter :)

...Ifor

Edited by iforevans

Guest leethacker

Oh, you really sound bitter. And I really hope you change ya mind. Even the best secured program will be cracked sometime when it is very popular (and Sniper is very popular). And yap, I also think future versions will be cracked sometime.

Maybe you should write a "killer" version of Sniper and put it on those pirate sites that deletes files off ppls phones who use this malicious version (evil haha) ;-) ...

Guest conan_troutman

ok so they can generate a key code that matches your set up for the name on the devices but if you put in a second function of where the email they used to purchesae it also has to match some sort of id fingerprint then they cant use the reg code look at the likes of oxios to do list or papyrus they use email verification

or omnisoft they do some wierd code stuff where you dont get the software you get an installer and a code when you buy and if they dont match the installer cant detect the username and emailaddress you provided when registering it doesn't connect to the server for you to get the install on your phone.

john cody is great and i am sure he would help you develop a similar upload system