ActiveSync and Windows Media 10 - Problems?

Guest PDADoc

Guest PDADoc

I have a T-Mobile SDA (US) and a Cingular 2125 (yeah, I know, but one's for work and one's mine, LOL!) and they both have the same "problem" with Windows Media Player 10.

Whenever I select the option in ActiveSync to synchronize with Windows Media Player 10, it asks me if I would like to create a partnership, which I always select. But then nothing happens! But when I go into WMP 10 directly, I can setup and synchronize fine, even though it shows up in ActiveSync as "setup needs to be completed"

post-111933-1151468264_thumb.jpg

Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, does anyone have a way for me to resolve it? :)

Thanks! :)

Edited by PDADoc

Guest pd.ryder

Which version of ActiveSync are you using? I thought I had the most up-to-date one, but it doesn't look like that and there's no option to sync Media Player directly from ActiveSync.

Guest PDADoc
Which version of ActiveSync are you using? I thought I had the most up-to-date one, but it doesn't look like that and there's no option to sync Media Player directly from ActiveSync.

I have ActiveSync v4.1; never got around to upgrading to v4.2, and from what I've heard it's not really worth it. Anyway, that's what I have.

Guest pd.ryder

Mmm, I was sure mine was 4.1... oh well.

Anyway, I have had probs syncing with MediaPlayer 10, which has improved dramatically since I was advised to re-click button after it has sync'd itself on connection. After that, open MediaPlayer and let it find the device and it's storage card. Since doing this each time, I've had no more problems :)

Guest PDADoc
Mmm, I was sure mine was 4.1... oh well.

Anyway, I have had probs syncing with MediaPlayer 10, which has improved dramatically since I was advised to re-click button after it has sync'd itself on connection. After that, open MediaPlayer and let it find the device and it's storage card. Since doing this each time, I've had no more problems :)

But that's just it; it actually syncs fine if I do it from within Windows Media Player 10. It's only when I try to do it from ActiveSync itself that it shows that message that you see in the screenshot I've posted; I can't figure it out. Everyone keeps telling me either to upgrade to WMP 11 or to do what you've said, but that doesn't change the fact that it SHOULD work from the conduit the way it should.

Oh well, I use my iPOD for music anyway, I just wanted to use it to sync movies and videl clips. Perhaps I'll just leave well enough alone.

Thanks for the reply. :)

• 3 months later...
Guest barrowfordred
I have a T-Mobile SDA (US) and a Cingular 2125 (yeah, I know, but one's for work and one's mine, LOL!) and they both have the same "problem" with Windows Media Player 10.

Whenever I select the option in ActiveSync to synchronize with Windows Media Player 10, it asks me if I would like to create a partnership, which I always select. But then nothing happens!

post-111933-1151468264_thumb.jpg

Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, does anyone have a way for me to resolve it? :rolleyes:

Thanks! :(

I get exactly the same, and can find no way round it.