Talking Point: Share your home / today screen!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

It's Friday, which means it's TALKING POINT time :)

There was a very good response to my 'share your setup' post last week, so I thought i'd do something along similar lines today... 'share your Home / Today screen (Smartphone or Pocket PC!)' :)

To get the ball rolling, here's a screenshot of my Pocket PC (courtesy of SOTI Pocket Controller), together with a top-to-bottom list of what you're looking at ;)

P

post-1-1151615058_thumb.jpg
THEME: VistaBlissONE customised with white text (attached to this post)

Top line, Batti battery status indicator, set to full width 1px frameless - doesn't show well on screenshot, looks fab on screen! [details]

Top bar tweaked to clock instead of battery indicator using LVM Time [details]

AKU 2 wireless plugin (renabled using registry, use CAB attached to this post to enable it on your AKU2 device!)

Standard messaging plugin, with 'ActiveSync' account renamed to 'Exchange'

SPB Diary, with messaging tab disabled, auto resizing, min size 90 [details]

Resco Explorer Today Plugin [details]

Screen Rotate Tray Icon enabled (use CAB attached to this post to enable it on your device)

Custom soft keys (Messaging, New SMS) via registry edit

VistaBlissONE.zip

Wireless_Today.cab

Screen_Rotate.cab

Guest jm012a9749

Using the WM5 OS X skin :) i love it ;) its almost like having a mac for people who cant afford one :)

[1408]ss.gif

A complete suite of Macintosh OSX-based skin for generic Windows Mobile 5 smartphones. Does NOT require the Orange plugin (rejoice!).

Includes:

Homescreen

RJ Shortcut Plugin

Extra screens

Bootup and Shutdown Screens

Windows Media Player skin

Ringtones

Keypress tones

Automatic CAB installer for easy installation

This skin is specifically made for Windows Mobile 5 QVGA devices. CAB installer may not work on WM2003SE devices.

Download HERE

[EDIT: Spelt download wrong....]

Phil

Edited by jm012a9749

Guest chucky.egg

Mr_Gee: You have to click "Add Reply" to add attachments - you cant do it in "Fast Reply"

I'm playing with an O2 XDA IQ (Tornado smartphone) at the moment, and my home screen is a vanilla Kleindewer "WM5" homescreen.

http://smartphone.kleinweder.ch/downloads/index.php

My Wizard has a "Panther" theme (that's what it's called - there's no cheesy animal pictures or anything) which I got from PocketPC Themes

http://www.pocketpcthemes.com/preview.asp?ID=58038

I dont have the Wizard to hand, but mine goes like this (top down):

- Batti v2 - 3 pixels high, full width

- Cruddy AKU2 battery meter, thanks for the LVM Time link Paul!

- Spb Diary, with Calendar, Notes and Tasks. Messaging and Contacts tab disabled, but Unread Messages shown in the Calendar view

- cLaunch with two Code Wallet links (Work and Personal wallets), PIE, pRSS and ... something else, I forget what.

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest sporkguy
screen0060oc.png

I'm running on a Vario with the latest AKU 2x T-Mobile ROM.

Line below the date and time is the wireless reghack - which Paul has already posted above :)

Next line is the locker,

then we have my calendar (I'm not an overly busy person, so I don't mind displaying one appointment at a time )

Then my emails/texts

Line below that is Pocket MSN - handy access for when I'm out and about and it tells me when I have a message from a contact.

Then my bottom line is Resco Explorer Today plugin - very handy. I'm using the 'Alfa' skin which is available for free to registered users.

In my taskbar there is, from left to right: Pocket Contacts Pro, Comm Manager, Paul's screen rotation reghack

My softkeys were changed using the T-Mobile utility that comes with the latest ROM (Start > Settings > Softkeys)

and my theme was created by EriCharlz and can be found over on airfagev

:)

Hmm...seems I can't add an attachment either....maybe it's been a long time since I've posted a picture, i'm losing the plot, or something ain't quite right! :)

Guest juanmreyes

post-14045-1130714451.gif

I'm using drblow's Facade Homescreen, I have an Audiovox SMT5600 running WM3, so I miss out on a lot of the cooler home/today screens, but DrBlow's is one the best out there for nonQVGA devices.

Guest nickcornaglia
Diary%20Screen.jpgdesktop%20weather.jpgtoday.jpg

mine is...er...pink!

i am running wisbar advance 2

phone alarm

pocketmax redial

owner photo

spb weather

SPB diary

spb pocket plus....

my themes are by spotted dog over at deviant art - bothe the today theme and the wisbar theme.

the cat is just a piccy of a cat1

I'm just glad to see a girl here on MoDaCo......(that is, I hope you're a girl!)

Guest nickcornaglia

I dont currently have a PPC, but I would like to add that no matter what Today screen plugin's I used...I always went back to basics in the end as I feel the SPB plugins caused havoc with memory. Not at first...but later it seemes my phone always deteriorated after time...until I uninstalled. PocketPlus seemed to be the biggest culprit. Shame...since I loved my black screen. Black screens always look great on the phone!

screenshot.gif

PS...I couldn't upload an image either. I had to link it externally. And I did Add reply...not fast reply.

Guest impy78
I'm just glad to see a girl here on MoDaCo......(that is, I hope you're a girl!)

(Looks down front of trousers, panic stricken)

Yes, I'm still a girl!

Guest nedge2k

Well, this is what I have on all my devices but this is how it looks on the Exec (running latest T-Mobile AKU2 ROM) :

exec_capture.jpg

• The main skin is Xcilion's Windows Vista Portable Edition, available here. (for Wisbar Advance 2)
  • The today theme is a modifed version of Solsie's Vista Tropical theme, available here.
  • The background image is from Windows Vista Beta 2.
  • The 4th plugin down is SPB Pocket Plus, available here.
  • The 5th plugin down is Hudson Mobile's IP Dashboard, available here.
  • Finally, the funny looking icon in the tray is SOTI Pocket Controller, available here.

Here's mine:

Windows Vista Portable Edition skin for Wisbar Advance 2.

And from top to bottom:

SPB Pocket Plus with tabs for SPB Weather, SPBToPlay (WMP controller) and SPB Diary.

Today plugin from Resco Explorer

PocketMax PhoneAlarm

I don't know where all my RAM had vanished to at the point of the screenshot but it never normally gets that bad!

Guest Webreaper

Here's mine. The theme is the 'Blue Lake' theme (can't remember if it's standard or I downloaded it :) ) and the wallpaper is a picture of where I live. :)

post-169492-1151918214_thumb.jpg

Top top bottom:

1. Resco today plugin

2. Today time plugin [details here]

3. Standard messaging plugin (Anyone know how to rename 'outlook email'?)

4. TaskPlus

5. VBar in the top right-hand corner.

Guest drblow

Here's my current m600 screen ... all I use is WA2 with the xcilion vista theme, and pocketbreeze-ilauncher-pocketweather all from the fabulous sbsh. All the sbsh icons are my own design (& yes I will be making them available when they are finished!! :) )

post-3060-1151923372_thumb.jpg

Guest Phil Lee

Here's mine:

post-7007-1151944115_thumb.jpg post-7007-1151944972_thumb.jpg

• Main theme is Windows Vista Portable Edition QVGA by xcilion for Wisbar Advance 2.
  • Main body of the display is SBSH PocketBreeze with hidden tabs. Other PB tabs include Tasks, Windows Messaging plugin, Windows Device Lock, SBSH PocketWeather, SBSH iLauncher, Special Events and Contact Breeze. I've also used xcilion's PB theme from Vista Portable Edition QVGA. The second screenshot shows one tab from iLauncher.
  • The tray icons are Remote Display (for the screenshot), Bluetooth toggle by Vijay555, Memory Mangement (shortcuts via iLauncher) and Comms Manager.
  • Messaging and New SMS added using latest T-Mobile ROM
  • Background theme produced by me using ThemeGenCE from an image downloaded from XCillion

Media_Center.zip

Edited by Phil Lee

Co-pilot AND TomTom!

Your sense of direction must be awful!!!!!!!

Not that bad actually, but I always have a backup for my sixth sense for the evil cash cameras! :) When it comes to finding Pubs and Takeaways though the satnav gets switched off and I use my "on-board POI database" to get me there. ;)

Well I can say that I have road tested the main Satnav products and two of them will be vanishing onto ebay shortly. TomTom is the favourite but has stability "issues" whereby it freezes randomly even with the latest patch. Anyway, that's for another topic.

Hmm...seems like the Vista skin is popular - now I wonder how many people have bought Wisbar Advance just so they can use it? :)

Guest mandt

Ok here's mine...

post-174863-1152149788_thumb.jpg

bit different from everyone elses I know, but I prefer a nice clean look to a lot of clutter (no offence guys!)

Batti at the top of the screen, set to three pixels, been around for a while but still nothing better for simplicity and configurability

LVM Time without the today screen plugin (thanks Paul for the link)

Standard Calendar and tasks plugins

Left softkey set to Matt Armstrong's device lock LINK excellent app that lets you set a hardware key to lock the screen instead of having a today screen plugin

Right softkey set to Right Menu LINK an another great app I had from my Smartphone days, 100% configurable app that lets you assign a pop up menu to the right softkey

Today theme is my own design which you can get from the downloads section

Thats it!

Edited by mandt

Guest Phil Lee
Left softkey set to Matt Armstrong's device lock LINK excellent app that lets you set a hardware key to lock the screen instead of having a today screen plugin

Thanks for the link to the lock program. I've been looking for something to do that for ages. I've now got it mapped to a long press of the Voice Dial button on my Vario and as an icon in the tray using iLauncher.

Edited by Phil Lee

Guest Sonicr360

nedge2k

Any chance of a link to the wallpaper you have - the back ground image.

Also, can anyone confirm if the START MENU should look the SAME as teh today screen (All dark) as my Start MEnu appears to be white with slightly light grey text !

Thanks, Simon

Guest mandt
Also, can anyone confirm if the START MENU should look the SAME as teh today screen (All dark) as my Start MEnu appears to be white with slightly light grey text !

Thanks, Simon

Not necessarily, you can have a completely different picture for the start menu, and different colour text