Playlists for multitrack MP3/WMA files

Guest Shuflie

Guest Shuflie

I'm going to post this in both the smartphone and PPC help and advice sections since I want to find out if this is a platform, OS or just me being stupid somehow problem.

In the early days of the smartphones mediaplayer couldn't skip forward in movies, I don't know if its no possible to do this but I know that you can in PPC devices. The workaround for smartphones was to create a playlist with multiple entry and duration points into the file to create chapters.

Fast forward (no pun intended) 4 years and I find myself with a T-mobile MDA PRO and enough CD card space to consider using it as a decent MP3 player. Problem is I have a few albums I'd like to use on the phone that have seamless links between the tracks. Using CDex I've ripped the albums to a single WMA file, and I've tried creating ASX playlists to allow the individual tracks to be selected or skipped through. Problem is that neither MP10 nor TCMP seem to like my playlists. They show the individual tracks but refuse to play anything other that the first track of any particular playlist, its actually kind of wierd when it gets to the end of a track as it will tell me its playing the next track, but just plays the first track and states the duration as the entire length of the album. If I play the playlist on my PC it works just fine. What I'd like to know is if anyone else has had this problem, if so on what device and operating system? I think its probably a WM05 thing but I'd just like someone to confirm it. Thanks in advance.

Guest Palindrome

Have you considered using a PC audio editting program to cut up the seamless WMA into a file per track. That way you can easily create a playlist in the normal way (personally, I prefer MortPlayer for listening to seamless cutup chapters in audiobooks).

Guest Shuflie
Have you considered using a PC audio editting program to cut up the seamless WMA into a file per track. That way you can easily create a playlist in the normal way (personally, I prefer MortPlayer for listening to seamless cutup chapters in audiobooks).

I could quite easily just rip the CDs into individual tracks and gain all the benefits of having an individual ID3 tag on all the MP3 files created, I still would have pauses as one track changes to the next, which is why I wanted to keep everything in a single file. I'll take a look at mortplayer though, if it is able to flow seamlessly from one track to another then it should do the trick. Thanks for the tip.