Samsung i320

Guest leo-balou

Guest leo-balou

g_00004876.jpg

For those of you interested in the Samsung i320 landscape QVGA Smartphone complete with QWERTT keyboard (a-la-moto-Q), it seems to be available NOW from this page at Pixmania!

Coming in at a pretty reasonable Edited by leo-balou

Guest leo-balou
BE CAREFUL - JUST GOT MINE THIS MORNING AND DESPITE WEBSITE SHOWING QWERTY KEYBOARD THE ONE THAT ARRIVED WAS AZERTY.

They are looking into it - but I have a feeling they don't actually have the UK spec.

Maybe back to Expansys?

Thanks for the advise - mine arrived today so will check when I get home.

Thanks for the advise - mine arrived today so will check when I get home.

I really wanted Orange or T to be carrying this device NOW!!!

would have solved a lot of my problems...

Yeah, i would be grateful if someone could confirm this also...this is the one thing stopping me picking up the phone and ordering from pixmania. (The lady i spoke to from the company couldn't tell me!)

Update:

Arne Hess from 'The Unwired' wesite believes that the second variation on this device will be released by Samsung in Germany.

Can't decide which styling i like better!

"The i320 is packing tri-band radio, Windows Mobile 5, microSD and a 1.3MP camera "

honestly theres nothing about that spec that makes me want this phone.

just my -2 cent :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Its all about function through form. To be honest day-to-day 90% of the time i use my phone is for the odd web browse, texting and emailing, oh and i have been known to use it for calls too...:) If i need anything more i'll swap my sim to my Wizard or Universal. In my eyes this device is gorgeous, and performs the above functions far better than any current offering (Q aside...)

Its all about function through form. To be honest day-to-day 90% of the time i use my phone is for the odd web browse, texting and emailing, oh and i have been known to use it for calls too...:) If i need anything more i'll swap my sim to my Wizard or Universal. In my eyes this device is gorgeous, and performs the above functions far better than any current offering (Q aside...)

quote , i320 i owned is heavy better than my old SP5

Guest airwar

Well I have been using an i320 for about two weeks now and I can honestly say it is the best smartphone I have used to date. Before someone picks me up on features such as wifi 3G etc I should clarify that I have used pretty much everything from an Nokia E61, QTEK 8500, K-Jam, G-Smart(really bad), SP5, etc, etc...

The key is the size of the device, in that can I use it (read carry it around) at the weekends when I don't have a suit jacket to put the device in. The i320 looks like a normal phone with the addition of Qwerty.

The other obvious advantages are that is has the push email, box ticked, it plays music, it has a camera, it's well made and it feels well designed.

The only downside is that it does not have the battery life of some other smartphones, particularly the E61, and I only get a day out of one charge.

I know it would be nice to have WiFi, 3G, Quad band and all that and I used it all in the Nokia and found it really useful, however it all fell down when I was carrying it around at the weekend. It was just too big....

Guest jamichy
Well I have been using an i320 for about two weeks now and I can honestly say it is the best smartphone I have used to date. Before someone picks me up on features such as wifi 3G etc I should clarify that I have used pretty much everything from an Nokia E61, QTEK 8500, K-Jam, G-Smart(really bad), SP5, etc, etc...

The key is the size of the device, in that can I use it (read carry it around) at the weekends when I don't have a suit jacket to put the device in. The i320 looks like a normal phone with the addition of Qwerty.

The other obvious advantages are that is has the push email, box ticked, it plays music, it has a camera, it's well made and it feels well designed.

The only downside is that it does not have the battery life of some other smartphones, particularly the E61, and I only get a day out of one charge.

I know it would be nice to have WiFi, 3G, Quad band and all that and I used it all in the Nokia and found it really useful, however it all fell down when I was carrying it around at the weekend. It was just too big....

Hi Airwar, I.m using a nokia e61, and i'm really tempted by i320... can you tell me please did you get yours from pixmania? people dont seem to be sure if pixmania ones have azerty or querty keyboard????

Anyone got a querty one from pixmania???

Cant wait to get one ;-)

Guest airwar

I got mine from Pixmania and they were AZERTY keyboards which did bother me a bit initially but I got used to it.

However shortly afterwards I got Qwerty units from my normal contract mobile supplier via somewhere in Europe, with Qwerty keyboards. (I buy al lot of phones for the firm, along with Blackberries etc)

I would hesitate to recomend Pixmania as they are next to impossible to get hold of for anything other than sales questions....However it was useful to get a look at the phone as early as possible to determine what to buy in the future.

The only thing I am unsure of is how committed Samsung are to this model. France, which I visit frequently, has been plugging them on websites etc but they have a more extensive Edge network. It might be that a different version, posted on some sites as the i320n will come out over here with perhaps UMTS???

Anyway it is a really good phone and for my purposes allows me to use it both as an email device and mobile phone at the weekends.

Guest airwar

None that I could detect....so far....Just keys, Euro power supply and default language which is easy enough to change. They were all set to French!

Hope you like the phone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.