Paul Reviews... the Orange SPV M3100

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jimbouk

I would guess two days is achievable with little use. I did about an hour on phone yesterday, directpush on for five hours, some 3g browsing, sent and received a few pop mails, about two hours on wifi and still had 40%.

One of the beauties of this device is that you can turn it off at night and in the morning turn it on and be using it in about 30 seconds - compared to nearly two minutes for the Prophet.

Guest Pondrew

Cool! Thanks Jimbouk. That usuage sounds fair enough, almost as good as the MDA Compact II (HTC Charmer) I've got at present but with video calling and high speed data. Sweet! :D

hello

newbie here from reading this post a few days ago an being pleased what ppl were saying i got my 3100 on sunday, it the first time i have ever had a pda type phone which i got use to within hours i think this phone is great an alot of thing can be done to it.

now i want to know which tomtom i can put on this phone and where can i download it from.

i had tomtom 5 on my nokia n70 which worked fine but had a copy of the navigator v5.00 which i copyed onto the memery card but i try to run it an an tomtom screen comes up (like it is installing) then goas off but cant get to run tomtom

any help regarding this

thnks

Hello, I'm new to this site, and found it after doing some searches for my new phone - SPV M3100.

I'm a little disappointed about the phone not having MASON Messenger installed, and having read through this post, have noticed someone said it can be bought/installed.

My previous phone is the SPV M500, which had a licensed copy of Messenger installed on it, and I wondered if I could use this on my new phone, rather than having to pay for it? The old phone is being kept by myself as a backup, so surely I should be able to "transfer" the program over?

If so, how can this be done, or where can I find the software to load onto my new phone?

Many thanks in advance.

Stu

Guest samosn

Has anyone out there managed to get there email working with this phone. (spvm3100) I have been trying now for 5 days and still not managed to send any email. It receives emails ok. Been on to orange and they seem to know there is a problem with this phone. All they could suggest is to set the ougoing server to smtp.orange.net but this does not work infact it makes it worse. Every outgoing email bounces back with a message saying the recipient could not be found. If anyone could explain a solution to this problem i would welcome any advice.

Guest JeShUa

First off, I would like to say Great Review :].. but hopefully you can say a recap on the battery life to 'finish' your review such as you have not done, just simply answer questions by users like myself.

Anyways,, my concearn is the keypad... how nice is it.. it looks like the MDA,, which isnt given as good a rating as the HTC Wizard (btw I'm a cingular customer looking for a resign).. so yeah.. how does the keyboard compare to the htc wizard,, how much do you like the pad?? :]..

I know you dont have this information,, but I wish that they will make the HTC Hermes with a Mini SD instead of those very flimsy transflash cards,, I think they're more suited for smartphones and advanced phones..

And lastly,, I would like to pose a question to everyone... as to how much the phone will cost.. I would get a 8125,, but the inferior processor and camera are enough to send me running (actually sitting,,, waiting,,) to buy a 8525.. Sorry if a lot of you are t-mobile customers or dont know about the 8525,, but your insights and knowledges are imporatnt to me,,

Thanks,, JeShUa

Can someone confirm or deny that this device has a screen identical in size to that of a Magician?

My screen protector cost an arm and a leg and I don't want to have to buy yet another one...! :D

Guest rekall
Here's a few quick snaps I literally just took especially for you Nick (hence the crappy reflections) :D

P

hybrid1.png

hybrid2.png

Can I ask what battery monitoring program you are using Paul? Thanks

The longer answer is sorted by Gears:

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/index.php?op...le&sid=2266

May well work on the M3100 too!

First post here, after getting my m3100 today !

Great phone, with a fantastic amount of features for someone like me getting their first pocket PC. Only disapointment, is like others have said, finding that orange have removed pocket MSN, especially as they mention it specifically on the product spec page on their webby. Anyway just wondered if anyone had tested whether the install on the above link works successfully on the m3100 link. Comes in at

Edited by simmy

Guest Posh johnny

I'm loving the look of this phone, I went away to nokias from SPV's when the N90 came out but really regret the swap.

I need to plug in my device to my motorbike 12v power outlet, whilst plugging inmy headphones to go under my helmet, is there no way of doing this withthe shared usb socket, I don't want to go the bluetooth route for recharging purposes, I can see me having to get a M600 instead but would much prefer the M3100

Paul with ou having both the Tytn and the m3100 are they both identical in size?

Also are the slide out keyboards on both devices ofthe same build quality or is 1 more loose than the other once closed .etc...if you get what i mean :D

Thanks

Edited by J273

Guest jimbouk
I'm loving the look of this phone, I went away to nokias from SPV's when the N90 came out but really regret the swap.

I need to plug in my device to my motorbike 12v power outlet, whilst plugging inmy headphones to go under my helmet, is there no way of doing this withthe shared usb socket, I don't want to go the bluetooth route for recharging purposes, I can see me having to get a M600 instead but would much prefer the M3100

Use the power charger in the socket and a bt headset (ie a bt adapter than you can plug earbuds into)?

Guest jimbouk
First post here, after getting my m3100 today !

Great phone, with a fantastic amount of features for someone like me getting their first pocket PC. Only disapointment, is like others have said, finding that orange have removed pocket MSN, especially as they mention it specifically on the product spec page on their webby. Anyway just wondered if anyone had tested whether the install on the above link works successfully on the m3100 link. Comes in at

Guest Harpendenpeople

Paul - These are just excellent and really helpful reviews, comments and snaps. Thanks. Right now I am using an SPV 2000 and thinking of this model next... Pity about a few differences - eg not a full size SD card slot - but everything else sounds good. One thing I'm nervous about though is the volume on the ringer. My SPV2000 is poor that way - depends on the ringtone somewhat but even with the volume turned up to max it isn't that loud; also loudspeaker not brilliant. How is that on the 3100? And does it have vibrate?

Guest Motlive

I got mine the other day, and its awesome, managed to get some videos on it using TCPMP to play them, 1gig SD card has plenty of room for a few episodes of something or a movie and a 150 MP3's.

Anyhow here is a couple of pics taken with the camera at 2m so they are 1600x1200 and about 400k each

http://www.wizardschool.co.uk/pics/IMAGE_033.jpg

http://www.wizardschool.co.uk/pics/IMAGE_035.jpg

http://www.wizardschool.co.uk/pics/IMAGE_041.jpg

My Tattoo Isnt Finished Yet thats why it looks a bit rough:

http://www.wizardschool.co.uk/pics/IMAGE_045.jpg

http://www.wizardschool.co.uk/pics/IMAGE_047.jpg

http://www.wizardschool.co.uk/pics/IMAGE_054.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.