The Wireless Today Item...

Guest jimbouk

Guest jimbouk

So I added the wireless today item (as per the XDA devlopers reg tweak) which tells you your network name, the status of wireless and the status of BT on the device. When I added this to my Prophet, it was clickable and took me to the Comm Manager.

On the 3100, it appears and shows the correct status of phone, wifi and Bt, but a click does nothing!

Has anyone else a) added it, :) got it working (and if so were there any changes required to the keys,strings etc to get it working on the 3100) ?

Guest jimbouk

Thanks Paul - Thats a bit annoying. I know the hardware comm manager button is a quick route but I have found the Wireless Item really useful in the past. Guess I will just wait for someone to find out the different key setting.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Whereas I never clicked it anyway, so not overly fussed.

Prefer the fact the WiFi status always shows properly, whereas it didn't on my Prophet!

Horses for courses n all that :)

I'm guessing the EXE / LNK it runs on Prophet etc. isn't on Hermes, so just renaming an EXE / LNK could fix it. Will check it out later!

P

Guest rkrishnamurthy
Whereas I never clicked it anyway, so not overly fussed.

Prefer the fact the WiFi status always shows properly, whereas it didn't on my Prophet!

Horses for courses n all that :)

I'm guessing the EXE / LNK it runs on Prophet etc. isn't on Hermes, so just renaming an EXE / LNK could fix it. Will check it out later!

P

Similarily is there any hack to enable silent mode with a long press of comm manager button, like wizard devices. its a very useful utility and i miss it very dearly.

Guest Paul (MVP)

After a bit of research, it looks like the today plugin itself (netui.dll) is different on the Hermes.

I'm going to try and extract a Prophet netui.dll and see if it works...

P

Guest jimbouk

One cool new feature is that if you click on the wifi icon on the top bar, it now offers you a "turn off wlan" instead of the old "open comm mgr" option.

So ending a wifi session, is just two clicks now, instead of three.