Paul's must have FREE Hermes software

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fozzie

Paul,

How about the Fit4cat Hermes tweaker (as posted by JezB >>here<<) which includes many tweaks in a single app. Download is from >>here<<, but you need to register first.

There's a screenshot on the XDA Developers website (along with other registry tweaks)>>here<<.

Don't u find VEM a bit slow?

P

No, not all. I haven't tried it over 3G yet, but ove WiFi or pass thru on the PC it renders the maps just as fast as Google Earth. The version linked to in my post is v1.65 - perhaps they've made performance improvements since you last tried it? For people on a budget, it's definitely a viable satnav option, albeit a very basic one.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Woo!

/me downloads...

Changelog:

* Added: percentage steps

* Added: Correction coefficients for proper displaying of voltagea and temperature

* Added: Show icon in top bar

* More WM5 friendly

* Minor fixes

P

Okay never mind the post i had here previously a soft reset solved it

On another note HOW on earth does one download opera for PPC

ive tried going to opera's website ive clicked on opera mobile and windows mobile 5 version but it just sends me back to the same page i presume its installed by active sync via the computer

just wanted to try it out as PIE while fast at locating now (thanks to PAUL) takes ages on the opening stage sometimes and i wanted to see if opera was any better

JEREMY

Edited by Guest

With reference to things such as Registry setting CABs versus applications - do the registry ones (eg remove flashing, clock instead of battery) need to be specifically installed on the Device?

Oh, most don't even install files, so it's irrelevant!

P

Ahhh I shee! I assume that this means there's effectively no uninstallation mechanism also then?

Sorry if I'm being a bit ginger about it all, totally new to WM5 and using the ExtROM.

Guest finisterre
On another note HOW on earth does one download opera for PPC

ive tried going to opera's website ive clicked on opera mobile and windows mobile 5 version but it just sends me back to the same page i presume its installed by active sync via the computer

JEREMY

Yeah, I had that. Silly isn't it! Click on the next link down that says MORE INFORMATION etc. and you can download it from there.

I'm not sure about this UPX thing... What the hell is going on? It's not very well documented (IMO).

Is this a piece of software that runs in the background that decompresses the compressed files? Or is it just a bit of compression software for PPC that will create UPX'ed exe/dll's that will run regardless of whether or not you have it installed?

If I install it, do I have to add pre-UPX'ed stuff (eg the aforementioned QMark CAB) into its configuration somewhere?

I'm surprised no-one has been confused by this or mentioned this before... :D

^ Another one of my unreplied-to posts, oh well!

I nominate this! *BOOM!* It puts a little app in ya handset that enables you to lock the device from a button - I used to do this on my M500 to lock it when I was listening to music and it was in my pocket. This particular app activates the device lock. I have installed it and now using it off the back of the Button 5 (Press & Hold) mechanism, so if I'm walking I can lock one-handed with no awkward screen contact!

Hurray! :D