UPDATED: Developer-Hackers: Win a 2GB memory card of your choice + more

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pondrew
Oh! I'm sorry A.W., I didn't realise that Paul had a free version for the smartphone, maybe I should have read the thread more carefully? :)

Think he's got you there Awarner! ;)

Guest awarner (MVP)
Oh! I'm sorry A.W., I didn't realise that Paul had a free version for the smartphone, maybe I should have read the thread more carefully? ;)

No need to get so defensive :) , I only stated I prefer a free version rather than an application I have no intension of buying.

Guest xavierjohn22
Solution confirmed working for Universal and Hermes. Prophet, Tornado etc. still to be tamed - prize still up for grabs!

Actually the problem has a solution and is out there....... And i have the privilege

of being able to test it on my SMT5600 and Cingular2125 as well as others who are

active beta tester of this app called SMARTTWEAKER....

See Screen Shots below.....

pccapture2wl3.jpg

pccapture3ni5.jpg

Works like a charm......

SmartTweaker is compatible with

SPV, SPVE100, E200, C500, C600, Qtek8310, 8010 and the like.....

So you might want to test it to see if it really work for you....

All i can say is IT IS WORKING GREAT!!!!

Edited by xavierjohn22

Guest xavierjohn22
Now if only it was at least a Plus benefit... :)

P

Hi Paul, I have asked the author, and if you want to check it out, he is ok to send you beta-version. Same goes for Awarner.If you want to join beta-test team for all upcoming version, you are welcome!

Guest iforevans
Now if only it was at least a Plus benefit... :)

P

Does this mean that the SmartTweaker author wins the 2 GB Card? Seems like he should ;-)

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
Nope as the rules state

Denied :)

Still, good to know its out there. Although, I have to say, the lights have never bothered me ...

...Ifor

Edited by iforevans

Guest xavierjohn22
Denied ;)

Still, good to know its out there. Although, I have to say, the lights have never bothered me ...

...Ifor

it sure is..... :)

Guest Paul (MVP)

Funtime... This SHOULD be the solution!

Here are two installs, the first - Type 1 - is for Smartphones and selected Pocket PCs (Wizard + Prophet), the second - Type 2 - is for other Pocket PCs such as the Universal.

It's time to test... so please give these a go, and report back on how they work for you. They should allow changing of the state without reboot too! :)

Note: Unplug the device from sync / power when running the app.

Credit to the clever guys at SmartTweaker from http://www.Smartphone.si for this application!

P

MoDaCo_LED_Toggle___Type_1_Setup.exe

MoDaCo_LED_Toggle___Type_2_Setup.exe

Guest nickcornaglia

Type 1 - Green Light has gone bye-bye on the QTEK 8500 (StrTrk).

Blue BT and Amber Charging Light both still work...as it is supposed to.

I did get an error on the first install attempt saying it was not signed with a trusted certificate. But then it installed on the second try. That was weird. (Type 1)

Guest conan_troutman

version 1 works fine on tornado devices

one minor niggle why the splash screen many other free togglers out there mainly for bluettoth dont have these annoying popups it makes the one button toggle into a mulit button toggle and its a bit annoying really any chance of removing it pretty pretty please

Guest iforevans
Blimey, moon on a stick! ;)

You are getting it for free remember! :)

P

Heh heh ... I think I can speak from experience since conan is one of my BETA testers for Sniper, that he is definitely not backward about coming forward and stating his wishes & desires!

Conan ... No offence mate ;-)

...Ifor

...one minor niggle why the splash screen many other free togglers out there mainly for bluettoth dont have these annoying popups it makes the one button toggle into a mulit button toggle and its a bit annoying really any chance of removing it pretty pretty please

I agree, Conan... I'd much prefer single-select operation with perhaps a timed splash screen... I even complained about it but was told that it's a matter of compatibility between different models, as the splash screen you see is a standard message screen, which therefore means it displays correctly on each different device, being part of the system.

As the only programming I have any knowledge of is programming my video-recorder, I can't argue! ;)

I've tested this on the C500 (Typhoon) and the C600 (Tornado? Faraday? I've never been sure of the right name!) and also on the T-Mobile Vario (Wizard), with excellent results and no discernible effect on battery-life.

So, for those who don't crave the bright lights at night... It's a useful little program! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.