Post your bugs/issues here

Guest benzo

hello my m3100 periodically locks up when its asleep and won't come back in to life.. the yellow LED shows it is still on the network, but the thing is dead. not even ringing it will make it wake up - i have to pull out the battery and power up again.

very annoying.. anyone else had this?

Guest cclboss
hello my m3100 periodically locks up when its asleep and won't come back in to life.. the yellow LED shows it is still on the network, but the thing is dead. not even ringing it will make it wake up - i have to pull out the battery and power up again.

very annoying.. anyone else had this?

My TyTN also has this problem on occasions but it's something that can be easily repeated so not sure what the real cause is. I've had instances when the phone is completely off (not standby) and for no reason it got turned on and the back light is on full but the phone is frozen. Drew a lot of juice from the battery.

Guest Aqu4rius

my vario 2's biggest probl;em at the moment is battery life!

doesnt see mto last very long at all.

and because there is no seperate handsfree connection, i cannot charge whilst driving! :D

Guest DaBeeeenster
my vario 2's biggest probl;em at the moment is battery life!

doesnt see mto last very long at all.

and because there is no seperate handsfree connection, i cannot charge whilst driving! :D

What about a bluetooth headset?

Guest eaglesrest
Not even a slight hum out of mine.

After a hard reset with the Orange stock setup, worked perfectly so I either did something wrong (although I checked everything to do with vibrate settings) or an app or utility I installed caused an issue with it

Did you have MS Voice Command installed? That stops it vibrating I think.

Guest randomelements

For some reason, the keyboard backlight on my Vario II has stopped coming on completely - I may have to reset the phone and see if it was anything that I did during my tweaking that did it.

My battery status seems to often think it's charging when it's not when I first turn on, a short while later it stabilises. Anyone else seen that?

I have the same issue. Might be more of a software bug???

Onto another issue...

I also have a problem with the preinstalled 'Phone' application not wanting to close, it will minimise but never close. 'Magic Button' software really doesnt like it and always stuggles to close it.

Anyone had this problem? Or is the software not meant to close because it is never displayed in Running Programs.

Guest craighome
Did you have MS Voice Command installed? That stops it vibrating I think.

I did not, but I did have the leds disabled, which has since been found to also turn off vibrate.

Mystery solved!. I need the vibrate more than turning the leds offso thats how it will stay!

Regards

Craig

Guest satman

One issue I found

I stuck a thin metal plate on the battery then put the cover on, as I have a magnetic holder in my car by the rearview mirror to hold the phone while I drive.

On my M500 this was fine (perfect for TomTom with a bluetooth gps), but on the M3100 the magnet triggers the Keyboard Open sensor and flips the screen to landscape. Anyone found a way to disable the keyboard out sensor in software?

Guest Aqu4rius

my vario 2 does not recognise my car charger untill i reset the phone.

rememebr this also happend with my t-mobile branded mda compact, which didnt happen when i switched to a Imate version.

any idea how to solve this, without having to reset each time?

thanks

my vario 2 does not recognise my car charger untill i reset the phone.

rememebr this also happend with my t-mobile branded mda compact, which didnt happen when i switched to a Imate version.

any idea how to solve this, without having to reset each time?

thanks

I noticed that my phone can take up to 30 seconds to start charging when plugged into my car charger, which a cigaretter lighter plug with a USB socket on it - very useful! Does yours eventually start charging if you leave it for a while, or do you definitely need to reset?

Muff and I have been playing more with the Orange M3100 today and have identified a bug in the hardware!

The bug that we have seen affects the Joypad on the SPV M3100. To put it simply, if you press and hold the joypad in any direction, then whilst the joypad is held down you press and hold ANY other key, once you release the joypad button the device 'thinks' that the joypad button is still being held down. Even changing direction quickly is not always recognised.

We believe that the problem is not limited to the Orange version of the HTC Hermes device. If anyone wants to confirm this or test it for themselves then do the following: Open the Start menu and start scrolling down using the joypad, as you see the selection bar moving downwards roll the joypad to the left or right and then roll it upwards. Do you notice that the scroll bar is still moving down?? Imagine that within games!!

EDIT: Confirmed on the HTC TyTN too!

Guest nickcornaglia

Had my phone for a long weekend and it needs to go back.

- My internet connection doesnt want to work after sitting for periods of time. I need to disconnect it the reconnect it for it to work. And even then it takes a looooooong time to establish. I've tried a bunch of different settings and none work consistently.

- The phone froze up multiple times over the weekend requiring soft resets. Even after a hard reset and nothing else installed.

- The phone refused to turn on multiple times after periods of inactivity. I needed to soft reset to get it working again.

It needs to go back.

Plus, it's pretty heavy. Video calling is worthless without someone else to video call periodically. The keyboard is nice...but I really dont need it, or even want it. I could probably get used to it if I didnt need to slide it out when needed. An always accessable outside keyboard may be better for me.

The speed of the device is NICE though. And I was in Washington DC this weekend where 3G is available. That is nice as well....but I think I'll wait for a 3G Smartphone compatible with US networks.

Guest Aqu4rius
I noticed that my phone can take up to 30 seconds to start charging when plugged into my car charger, which a cigaretter lighter plug with a USB socket on it - very useful! Does yours eventually start charging if you leave it for a while, or do you definitely need to reset?

hmmm dont think so cos i was driving around using the tomtom i installed, and my battery was in the red!

do u have the vario 2? or another variant?

Muff and I have been playing more with the Orange M3100 today and have identified a bug in the hardware!

The bug that we have seen affects the Joypad on the SPV M3100. To put it simply, if you press and hold the joypad in any direction, then whilst the joypad is held down you press and hold ANY other key, once you release the joypad button the device 'thinks' that the joypad button is still being held down. Even changing direction quickly is not always recognised.

We believe that the problem is not limited to the Orange version of the HTC Hermes device. If anyone wants to confirm this or test it for themselves then do the following: Open the Start menu and start scrolling down using the joypad, as you see the selection bar moving downwards roll the joypad to the left or right and then roll it upwards. Do you notice that the scroll bar is still moving down?? Imagine that within games!!

EDIT: Confirmed on the HTC TyTN too!

Yup, happens on my v1605 as well...

hmmm dont think so cos i was driving around using the tomtom i installed, and my battery was in the red!

do u have the vario 2? or another variant?

I've got the v1605, but I suspect it's more likely to be your car charger than the phone as you're presumably able to charge off the mains. Do you have another charger you could try? Are you sure your car's cigaretter lighter is suppying the right voltage/current for charging a phone?

Guest Aqu4rius

have tried different adaptors, same thing, but only seems to happen on t-mobile version.

my imate jam charges immediatly, yet my t-mobile mda compact, which is the same just rebranded, has the same problem as the vario 2! very strange, and annoying.

Guest rickwookie

I'm having real problems the camera application on my Vario II.

Often instead of the image being saved I just get a 1600x1200 pixel grey rectangle, and quite a few times now the camera app just closes when I press the camera button after taking an image, but it doesn't release the camera device so when I try and run it again I get the a device already in use error and have to reset.

Anyone else used the camera much and finding these problems?

Also a custom ringtone (wav file) I had in Application Data->Sounds disappeared leaving me with vibrate only when I received a call. :D

Guest rickwookie

My colleague reports having to repeatedly re-align his screen on his Vario II. Maybe this issue is not only on the Vodaphone batch after all. :D

[Edit:] 3 Stars. Get In! :D

Edited by rickwookie

Guest jimbouk
I'm having real problems the camera application on my Vario II.

Often instead of the image being saved I just get a 1600x1200 pixel grey rectangle, and quite a few times now the camera app just closes when I press the camera button after taking an image, but it doesn't release the camera device so when I try and run it again I get the a device already in use error and have to reset.

Anyone else used the camera much and finding these problems?

Also a custom ringtone (wav file) I had in Application Data->Sounds disappeared leaving me with vibrate only when I received a call. :D

a) Have you got a load of apps running minimised?

:D Wav ringtones should be in the windows folder.

Guest rickwookie
a) Have you got a load of apps running minimised?

Not a chance. Always close any app I'm not using.

:D Wav ringtones should be in the windows folder.

Why's that? (On my smartphone custom ringtones went in Application Data\Sounds) Putting the file there on this device made it show up in the phone settings, and it worked for a while, untill the file mysteriously disappeared. Seems as though files in My Documents work as ringtones as well on this device.

Edited by rickwookie

Guest jimbouk

Are you sure they are completely closed? Check in settings, system, memory, running programs - a lot don't close properly.

You must be talking about a wm2003 smartphone. WM5 tones: MP3 ringtones go in windows/rings (although any mp3 anywhere in your device can be rightclicked and selected as ringtone too). WAV Text/email etc tones go in the windows folders.