Moving JAVA MIDlets to Storage Card

Guest djrekcv

Guest djrekcv

Hello,

does anybody know if it's possible to make the Java Manager use storage card rather than phone memory, for installed midlets?

Something like the pocketIE cache solution someone offered.

Thanks a lot

Hello,

does anybody know if it's possible to make the Java Manager use storage card rather than phone memory, for installed midlets?

Something like the pocketIE cache solution someone offered.

Thanks a lot

hi

never tested, but I found a registry key :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tao\JMM

DataPath="\Application Data\Tao\intent"

if you want to test...

1. close JMM first
  2. change to DataPath="\storage card\Application Data\Tao\intent"
  3. copy directories and files from \Application Data\Tao\intent to \storage card\Application Data\Tao\intent
  4. reboot mobile
I think it should work....

Guest djrekcv
hi

never tested, but I found a registry key :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tao\JMM

DataPath="\Application Data\Tao\intent"

if you want to test...

1. close JMM first
  2. change to DataPath="\storage card\Application Data\Tao\intent"
  3. copy directories and files from \Application Data\Tao\intent to \storage card\Application Data\Tao\intent
  4. reboot mobile
I think it should work....

Thanks. However, it didn't work. Just screwed the jvm up (it didn't recognize any midlet after that, I got an 'invalid jar' message everytime). Going back to previous config, I fixed the problem.

Thanks anyway :D

Guest luchino_san
Thanks. However, it didn't work. Just screwed the jvm up (it didn't recognize any midlet after that, I got an 'invalid jar' message everytime). Going back to previous config, I fixed the problem.

Thanks anyway :D

I have a Qtek 8310 and this tweak for java works, there is only a little slow-down while open or close one midlet...last month I posted it in my forum and it seems to work even for other people:

" - Creare nella Storage Card la cartella \Application Data

- Modifica del registro:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tao\JMM

Soft-key sinistro su "Values" e cambiare l'originale "DataPath" in questo -----> DataPath = \Storage Card\Application Data\Tao\intent "

It's in Italian but I think you should understand...it's important to write everything in the same way...

Bye

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tao\JMM

Soft-key sinistro su "Values" e cambiare l'originale "DataPath" in questo -----> DataPath = \Storage Card\Application Data\Tao\intent "

It's in Italian but I think you should understand...it's important to write everything in the same way...

Hi Luchino

seems to be exactly what I suggested to djrekcv, and reported as doesn't work.... :D

Guest luchino_san

Hi, infact it seems the same tip (made exception for "storage card" instead of "Storage Card")...I just reported "mine" to confirm that it works :D

Ciao

Edited by luchino_san

Hi, infact it seems the same tip (made exception for "storage card" instead of "Storage Card")...I just reported "mine" to confirm that it works :D

Ciao

Hi

Yes, I forgot the capital letters in Storage Card... but windows don't care of upper / lower case normaly :D

maybe didn't work for djrekcv cause he already have java midlets installed....

Guest luchino_san
Hi

Yes, I forgot the capital letters in Storage Card... but windows don't care of upper / lower case normaly :D

maybe didn't work for djrekcv cause he already have java midlets installed....

I don't think the problem is this because today after a hard reset I used this tweak again and opera mini + google maps were already installed in main memory...it's really strange that it doesn't work for djrekcv, let's see what he'll say about that :D

Guest djrekcv

Well, I've solved the problem. After uninstalling every midlet, I followed the whole process once again and this time it worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest pirulafurioasa

Hi!

I can't find the key DataPath="\Application Data\Tao\intent" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tao\JMM. :( :rolleyes:

Please help me! I own a C600.

Cheers!

Guest lspatricio
Hi!

I can't find the key DataPath="\Application Data\Tao\intent" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tao\JMM. :( :rolleyes:

Please help me! I own a C600.

Cheers!

DataPath is not a key. It's a string value. So, after clicking on JMM key, press the left softkey which says "Values" and you should be able to see the string value "DataPath".

good luck. :)

• 3 years later...
Guest René Treviño
DataPath is not a key. It's a string value. So, after clicking on JMM key, press the left softkey which says "Values" and you should be able to see the string value "DataPath".

good luck. :)

Hello, my Smartphone does not have the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tao, sought by the key Tao in all of the registry and not the found

If i put the key, will work?