Saving to existing contact

Guest darkseid

Guest darkseid

Sorry if I'm asking a daft question but is there a way to save a number to an existing contact from the call history. The save to contacts opens a new contact and doesn't give me the option to save to an existing contact. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry if I'm asking a daft question but is there a way to save a number to an existing contact from the call history. The save to contacts opens a new contact and doesn't give me the option to save to an existing contact. Any help would be appreciated.

No, I don't think so, and it's bloody irritating. You have to hack round it by doing something like:

Save to Contact > Cut the number > cancel the save > open the original contact > paste the new number.

Bit of an oversight if you ask me, given that most [stupid] people change their mobile number every fifteen minutes or so.

Guest darkseid
No, I don't think so, and it's bloody irritating. You have to hack round it by doing something like:

Save to Contact > Cut the number > cancel the save > open the original contact > paste the new number.

Bit of an oversight if you ask me, given that most [stupid] people change their mobile number every fifteen minutes or so.

yeah that's exactly the routine and as Orange portray the device as a business tool it IS a massive oversight

Guest jimbouk

But its not an O oversight, its an MS one. I would have thought they would have picked up on it during their own test usage of the WM os's but I had a meeting with some MS folks the other day and they were all fairly clueless as to how to use the WM devices they were all using.

Their foray into phones shows that they still think in terms of contacts and data arriving via the pc (and then being sync'd to mobile devices) rather than the other way round - which seems short-sighted now that mobile devices are more prevalent than pc's.

Guest darkseid

Thanks for the insight Jimbouk into the internal ineptness of MS. Is this feature something someone could add as a plugin. The thing I dont understand is it was possible on my old C550 and was an invaluable feature surely WM5 PPC phone edition whould have at least all the features of WM5

MS people tend to be "Windows first, everything else second" anyway, it seems.

I presume this problem stems from PPCs being older than Smartphones as a platform and this therefore being a legacy issue. Firstly the initial software is older (in terms of the platform), and this would tend to imply the staff have been worrking with it for longer and are now so used to it, etc.

However all that is cack compared to just asking a bunch of loons in the UK what they think of their operating system, but they'd never think of doing something as simple as that.