So how big is it really?

Guest crazyc

Guest crazyc

Hi All

Am deciding between a M600 or a M3100. One of the biggest concerns I have is that as a normal 'dumbphone' user I will find it very difficult to get used to the added size of the M3100. Looking at the pics etc on the reviews is fine, the device is not that big.

However, presumably when travelling around, you really should keep it in its case?. I have only seen one pic of it is a case and it looks real chunky. Could someone who has one post pictures of it in its case vs another phone ? If anyone has any 'better than the standard' cases could they put up some pics?

In addition, presumably you can't use the wired headphones whilst its in the case? (or can you) and does the case muffle the ringtone much?

Many thanks

C.

Guest danwatson1974

I don't think that I would bother with the case ..... so long as you treat it with a little care, it would be fine.

I have had my M500 for about 9 months now, and it's still in pristine condition, and it goes everywhere with me , including work, pubs, clubs etc.

If you have seen an M600 or an M500, think about 2mm deeper, and you've got the size of the M3100 (without case) :D

Guest Snoopstah

I never keep my PDA-type devices in a case - but I always make sure they're the only thing in my pocket, rather than being in a pocket with loose change or keys or something!

Guest jimbouk

I don't think many of us use cases. As above, keep it in a pocket on its own. Size wize, its about the same as an old cassette tape case, but a little heavier.

I wouldn't worry about the size as much as the culture shock of changing from "dumbphone" to pocket pc.