Anti Virus software for m3100?

Guest twizzle

Guest twizzle

Does anyone know of any free AV software for the M3100 or any other pocket pc?

I cant seem to check the phone when connected to my pc using its av software so want some installed on the phone.

Guest awarner (MVP)

I would not bother, there are no viruses at the moment for an av app to find.

There are a few apps around though so no idea what they are supposed to be checking for :D

• 4 months later...
Guest cold_fire

Freeware antivirus PPC ,you can find it at www.airscanner.com .I have a SPV M3100 ,and the antivirus installed ,and about viruses for Windows Mobile devices i found infos on the internet that there are some ,but with a hard reset as last solution everything goes back to normal ,at least in theory .

Edited by cold_fire

• 1 month later...
Guest pookiecheeks

hello all,

..hmm, i've had airscanner security bundle for pocketpc for a while now. i was laughed at the day i got it, and it would appear i'm being laughed at still. i too have read that there are now a few viruses, if that is the correct term for them, that can effect pocketpcs. not sure how accurate this is though, but i still find myself running the antivirus software when boredom kicks in.

pooks

airscanner

• 4 months later...
Guest armsy

Hi,

If you're on the Orange network there's antivirus software to download on Orange World. It's FSecure Mobile Antivirus, it cost £1.50 a month and this is added to your monthly bill. I know this isn't freeware but at least it does the job.

Guest Confucious
Hi,

If you're on the Orange network there's antivirus software to download on Orange World. It's FSecure Mobile Antivirus, it cost £1.50 a month and this is added to your monthly bill. I know this isn't freeware but at least it does the job.

Does what job?

There are NO virii on Windows Mobile, all AntiVirus software does is slow your machine down IMHO