Heads up on accesories?

Guest Pompey

Guest Pompey

Hi all,

I get my Vario II tomorrow and I'm hoping it will be a worthy replacement for my beloved Treo 650.

But at the moment I'm struggling to find any accesories for my new toy, things I need relatively quickly are car charger, USB sync-charge cable, in-car holder (for use as GPS) and perhaps a nice leather case. Are there any of these items which are transferable from other HTC smartphones e.g. the Vario I?

TIA

Guest jimbouk

For car-charger: Simply buy a USB car charger adapter. Basically its a cigarette lighter insert with a USB port on the top, you can then plug your normal USB to miniUSB sync cable in to power/charge the device.

(If you have copilot6 it comes with a Y adapter so you can power the device and GPS at the same time.

For In-car Holder, I bought a

Guest pug205
Hi all,

I get my Vario II tomorrow and I'm hoping it will be a worthy replacement for my beloved Treo 650.

But at the moment I'm struggling to find any accesories for my new toy, things I need relatively quickly are car charger, USB sync-charge cable, in-car holder (for use as GPS) and perhaps a nice leather case. Are there any of these items which are transferable from other HTC smartphones e.g. the Vario I?

TIA

Any mini USB car charger should be fine, the sync cable is in the box, brodit have a number of car holders, but supply seems to be a problem at the moment. I am using the Vario I or K-Jam Krusell case at the moment, not all the buttons line up with the holes, but the ones I need do.

Guest Pompey
For car-charger: Simply buy a USB car charger adapter. Basically its a cigarette lighter insert with a USB port on the top, you can then plug your normal USB to miniUSB sync cable in to power/charge the device.

(If you have copilot6 it comes with a Y adapter so you can power the device and GPS at the same time.

For In-car Holder, I bought a

Guest AFK_Matrix
Thanks for your help. I've just realised that it has a mini-USB socket so I might already have the car charger. The bluetooth GPS receiver I have has a mini-USB plug and I have a car charger for that. I also have a USB cable for an old Casio camera and if memory serves that also terminated in a mini-USB plug.

But before I try it out, I just want to be sure I'm not going to blow it up with non-standard equipment :D

Don't know if I am allowed to mention them but Mobilefun.co.uk have a load of accessories for the TYTN/Vario 2.

I have ordered the following from them:

Martin Fields Screenprotector (Glad I did this as the one that comes with the Vario 2 is rubbish IMO)

Docking Station

USB Car Adaptor (Not sure if this is gonna work, it basically has a cigerette lighter connection at one end and a usb connector at the other so just gonna use my USB lead to charge it, I hope :D )

Jabra BT500v headset (this is stated as working with the Vario 2, just need to see if the comfort is ok and if it gets a good signal from my Vario 2)

If I am not allowed to mention that web shop I will delete it.