Ideas needed for Freeware utility or small app

Guest iforevans

Guest iforevans

So, I'm at a loose end for a week (maybe a little longer) having just finished the new version of Sniper.

I thought maybe I'd write a small utility (freeware) and then realized I have no idea what would really be a useful one.

So, I'm canvasing for ideas.

If you've got an idea for a utility that you'd really like to see please post

*HERE*

Cheers

...Ifor

Edited by iforevans

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joshuatj
So, I'm at a loose end for a week (maybe a little longer) having just finished the new version of Sniper.

I thought maybe I'd write a small utility (freeware) and then realized I have no idea what would really be a useful one.

So, I'm canvasing for ideas.

If you've got an idea for a utility that you'd really like to see please post

*HERE*

Cheers

...Ifor

I've been looking around for an app that can archive all my SMS in my DOPOD 577W (WM5.0).

Good idea?

Guest Qtek8310

Sorry for not replying in the requested forum. I can't register there at the moment.

A very usefull application would be an alarmclock.

There are a lot of alarm appz, but all too complicated.

What I would like is a nokia series 40 kind of alarm.

Just enter alarmtime and press ok. Ok-button should work like an exit button that returns to homescreen.

I'm tired of all the options with adding names, select days, multiple alarms, etc etc.

The snooze function should work with all buttons, exept one stop button.

Snooze time should be fixed to 10 min, or be the only custimizable option.

I know nothing about programming, but I think this is an easy app.

Even when you're not going for this idea, I really appreciate the noble idea to built a free app!

Thanks for that!

Edited by Qtek8310

Hi iforevans

My wifes recently bought an XDAmini-s and was dissapointed at the lack of software to do what she wanted the phone for in the first place. I wonder how hard it would be to come up with one?

She runs a theatre group in the town, and really wanted to be able to take a register of attendance each week with it, that way it could keep a track on who had attended and who had paid and who hadnt etc.

Its most likely entirely possible to do with excel, but it would be nice to have a dedicated app for this purpose that did exactly what it said on the tin.

Would that be something possible to do?

thanks

Guest Techno

I don't know if you're still looking for ideas but a really good program that I thought of would be something that would look through the calendar and find who's Birthday it is today. It would then send them a Happy Birthday text message using a template inserting their name in there.

You could also have settings like when to send the text (maybe even specifying a range and it will send the text a random time between those times).

Having multiple template messages where it will pick one at random.

Possibly extending to anniversary dates too.

If anyone knows of a program that already does this then please do let me know :-)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest omerparacha

is there an application that can count the number of SMS i sent from my snartphone?

also, it doesnt lose count if i delete the SMS i sent until i clear the count. it should also count the number of messages in terms of length. for example it should count a message of 270 char as 2 messages and add them to the total sms i have sent from a particular date.

if there isnt an application, i think it wud b very useful. my provider gives a package of 175 free messages month, id like to know how many out of those 175 i used so that if theyre done, id know im being charged!

Guest omerparacha

is there an application that can count the number of SMS i sent from my snartphone?

also, it doesnt lose count if i delete the SMS i sent until i clear the count. it should also count the number of messages in terms of length. for example it should count a message of 270 char as 2 messages and add them to the total sms i have sent from a particular date.

if there isnt an application, i think it wud b very useful. my provider gives a package of 175 free messages month, id like to know how many out of those 175 i used so that if theyre done, id know im being charged!

Hi,

An application that could be used to keep track of my day time minutes usage would be very helpful. It should be configurable like setting the start and end time of day time minutes etc. This could help me keep my monthly phone bill under control. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UrsusBlue

Anyone else read this post where Ifor says to post over on Gadget Apps if you have an idea?

He actually did write an app, turns out pretty nice.

Nice work Ifor!