Leave email on Server

Guest johnocooper

Guest johnocooper

I have asked this question in other forums and got nothing in reply so here I go...

I have a QTEK 8500 running Cingular ROM and all is well except when I delete mail from a POP account it deletes from the server. I'd prefer -strongly- that it not delete it from the server. My brother has a Motorola Q fetching mail from the same server and the Q does NOT delete the mail from the server when it is deleted from the handset.

Is there a registry hack to change this behaviour?

Guest ccarrara
I have asked this question in other forums and got nothing in reply so here I go...

I have a QTEK 8500 running Cingular ROM and all is well except when I delete mail from a POP account it deletes from the server. I'd prefer -strongly- that it not delete it from the server. My brother has a Motorola Q fetching mail from the same server and the Q does NOT delete the mail from the server when it is deleted from the handset.

Is there a registry hack to change this behaviour?

I would love hte answer to this question also?? I NEED to leave my mail on the server!!!!! HELP!!!!

Guest singhnx

I beleive that this is something that can also be set from the e-mail account side (I'd assume that you can set this from the phone ... but I don't know how or if that's possible).

However, from your e-mail client, you can determine how it handles the mail after it's been downloaded to the pop based e-mail client program.

It might automatically delete the mail after it's been downloaded, or it might wait for a command from the phone stating that it has deleted it. Hopefully you can tell your pop server to ignore this.

I know that gmail allows you this option to how to handle your e-mail after it has been accessed by a pop client.

• 7 months later...
Guest ÐĺŞĀ
I beleive that this is something that can also be set from the e-mail account side (I'd assume that you can set this from the phone ... but I don't know how or if that's possible).

However, from your e-mail client, you can determine how it handles the mail after it's been downloaded to the pop based e-mail client program.

It might automatically delete the mail after it's been downloaded, or it might wait for a command from the phone stating that it has deleted it. Hopefully you can tell your pop server to ignore this.

I know that gmail allows you this option to how to handle your e-mail after it has been accessed by a pop client.

I have a Cingular 3125, it pops my gmail fine and leaves a copy on the server, however it notifys me if I reply to an email. How do I stop it from notifying me of my own replies as New Email??

Guest phshatiy

It's everything gmail issue:

1) I use several emails, one of them is gmail. If I download via POP3, it leaves the mail on the server, but you can't download it again. For example, I download in subway to my cellphone, but later when I come home, I can't download to my Thunderbird anymore. Even if I set the email as UNREAD. This is known gmail issue

2) notifying of your own replies - another gmail issue. If I use their web interface for writing email and send it, after I come back home and use my thunderbird, it downloads the email send by me, although I set up DO NOT SYNC SENT FOLDER.