FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Awesome work Masterall!!! Thank you VERY much!

I finally got the NeoGeo Games to work as well... i was missing some files in the bios zip which i never used for any other NeoGeo Emulator on any other Handheld before... ;-)

You can add Crossed Swords and Shock Troopers 1 to the working Games as well, they run with Sound as well!

Note to all NeoGeo Users on FinalBurn: When i cache a Game it crashes when i start it right after caching, but when i restart FinalBurn and pick the Game again it works with no Problems.

@Masterall: I dont have the device at my place right now, but could this work on the Gizmondo as well with the new blitter, since this is a WinCE device as well?

Guest masterall

Peter Ju:

the screenpad button setting listbox works for me, however, it should worked with keypad.

does anyone has the same problem?

Zeiram:

It should work on Gizmondo

All:

cps2 games' sound problem has been fixed in 0.007 wip, ddsom and sfa3 has sound now.

Edited by masterall

Guest puerrican718

Yeah was gonna say that sound seems to be working much better now on my device but nothing shows on the display when enabled, have to reset the program with sound disabled in order to play normally. Can't wait for a wip release :-D.

Guest mikeeey
Awesome work Masterall!!! Thank you VERY much!

I finally got the NeoGeo Games to work as well... i was missing some files in the bios zip which i never used for any other NeoGeo Emulator on any other Handheld before... ;-)

You can add Crossed Swords and Shock Troopers 1 to the working Games as well, they run with Sound as well!

Note to all NeoGeo Users on FinalBurn: When i cache a Game it crashes when i start it right after caching, but when i restart FinalBurn and pick the Game again it works with no Problems.

@Masterall: I dont have the device at my place right now, but could this work on the Gizmondo as well with the new blitter, since this is a WinCE device as well?

was the file u were missing from the neogeo zip that twolf linked to? or did u already have a different zip from before then?

just wondering if i maybe have been missing that file too...

Edited by mikeeey

Guest spc9999

0.003 run .. screen crack....

0.006 cant't run rom...

WinCE 3.0 CE.NET 4.1 can't run rom.

spc9999:

0.006 will work on your device now, however, it will not stretch to full screen.

post-215010-1165131593_thumb.jpg

post-215010-1165131618_thumb.jpg

Zeiram:

It should work on Gizmondo

All:

cps2 games' sound problem has been fixed in 0.007 wip, ddsom and sfa3 has sound now.

@Masterall: JFYI: Yup i tried it on my Giz now and it basically works as a charm for CPS1, CPS2 and NeoGeo Games. Some Games have sound problem, but thats okay... ;-) Cant play them games on the Giz unfortunately since the controls do not work, and fake cursor wont allow me to access the emulators menu again it seems...

Sound on DDSoM as well now? Now all my favourite Games have Sound (all the three D&D games and Dino)!

Guest spc9999

post-215010-1165146023_thumb.jpg

FinalBurn v0.006

NEXiO run...

Xscale CPU only run..

StrongARM CPU can't run... WinCE 3.0/CE.NET 4.1

FinalBurn for WinCE based on FinalBurn Alpha Plus 029523 u7 support cps1, cps2 and neogeo games. It support 176x220, QVGA(both 240x320 and 320x240) and VGA screens. Save state, dipswitch and combo is supported now.

modify 68k cpu core, many neogeo games can run now

modify z80 cpu core, dino and punisher has sound now

modify screenpad position to left when in landscape right mode

fix some savestate problem, ddtod can save now, mslug cannot : (

add more screen option for landscape QVGA

add universal blitter (limited function) for other wince device

add support for warriors of fate (Hack, set 3) modified by BaiHechou

Like the finalburn for Win32, put your rom in the roms directory, then load it in the emulator.

0.003 support cache, so it will create cache when you first load a cps2 game, it may take several minutes.

It will take much less time when load the game again.

Make sure the neogeo bios has been put into the roms directory before rescan for neogeo games.

To use combo, put macros.dat to cfg directory. You can find macros.dat in finalburn alpha plus for pc.

Cache maker is easy to use, it will create the cache when you finish loading a rom.

The correct bios zip package contains

vs-bios.rom 0x020000 0xF0E8F27D

usa_2slt.bin 0x020000 0xE72943DE

asia-s3.rom 0x020000 0x91B64BE3

neo-po.bin 0x020000 0x16D0C132

neo-epo.bin 0x020000 0xD27A71F1

neodebug.bin 0x020000 0x698EBB7D

uni-bios.22 0x020000 0x2d50996a

sm1.sm1 0x020000 0x97Cf998B

sfix.sfx 0x020000 0x354029FC

000-lo.lo 0x010000 0xE09E253C

Guest PolloLoco

Aaaaaargh! I'm so frustrated.

I recently did a hard reset of my phone and reinstalled everything last night - primarily because FinalBurn was working buggy. Last night - most everything seemed to work again - FinalBurn was running great. This morning, I got FinalBurn to crash over and over again. I can't run a single game, even if I soft reset my phone. I get the following error:

"Driver Initiate Error! There may not be enough memory!"

MasterAll - can you explain what triggers this warning notice? I've got about 30 megs of RAM left, and about a gig of space left on my Secure Digital card where I have FinalButn stored. Any idea what could be conflicting with FinalBurn?

Edited by PolloLoco

Guest PolloLoco

OK - I'm trying to troubleshoot, so if someone could answer these 2 questions I'd really appreciate it.

1) Why would a game SOMETIMES create a cache, and other times not? For example, Street Fighter Alpha 2 will create a cache - and then I can play it. But if I quit and try it again, I'll get a driver error. If a cache isn't written - then I only get a black screen - but I'll hear the sound of the game playing. So I'll have audio but no video. Right now, it seems like my best luck is when I delete the FinalBurn files - reset my phone and then run it until I get a cache. I'll then get a chance to play until I quit. To restart, I have to go through the whole process over again.

2) Does this program write files somewhere else other than the folder it's put in? A file that gets wiped away during a soft reset? I'm wondering if I can delete such a file - instead of having to reset each time I get the driver error.

If anyone has any insight - I'd really appreciate it. This is my favorite piece of software - and I'd love to be able to use it without all the crashes.

OK - I'm trying to troubleshoot, so if someone could answer these 2 questions I'd really appreciate it.

1) Why would a game SOMETIMES create a cache, and other times not? For example, Street Fighter Alpha 2 will create a cache - and then I can play it. But if I quit and try it again, I'll get a driver error. If a cache isn't written - then I only get a black screen - but I'll hear the sound of the game playing. So I'll have audio but no video. Right now, it seems like my best luck is when I delete the FinalBurn files - reset my phone and then run it until I get a cache. I'll then get a chance to play until I quit. To restart, I have to go through the whole process over again.

2) Does this program write files somewhere else other than the folder it's put in? A file that gets wiped away during a soft reset? I'm wondering if I can delete such a file - instead of having to reset each time I get the driver error.

If anyone has any insight - I'd really appreciate it. This is my favorite piece of software - and I'd love to be able to use it without all the crashes.

Never had any Problems like this and i tried alot of games yet... Maybe the error is somewhere else?

Damaged SD-Card maybe? The One in my GP2X acted very weird before it "died"...

i exactly know what you are talking about. same symptoms, sometimes, no pattern, cache made on ppc, or pc, it sometimes breaks. also, saves arent working after new cache...i am talking about 0.005 , didnt test 0.006 yet.

Guest mikeeey
THANK YOU!

all my "list" problems solved.

btw, 3 links to info about games, its useful to find forgotten titles, and get general info.

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/romset/neogeo

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/driverinfo/cps1.c

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/driverinfo/cps2.c

THANK YOU!

not all the games here are listed those. i know theres more neogeo games than that. and i know thats not allthe games cuz i dont see raiden fighters

nvm i was only looking on the links u gave. heres the link for more specific searches and other roms:

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/

Edited by mikeeey

Guest daedalia

Does anyone else have a HTC Hermes, also know as TyTn, SVP M3100, Vario II? If so, do you have problems with the emulator slowing down to 1FPS when going to the menu and back to the game with sound enabled?

mslug5.zip+mslug5nd.zip works great.

I created the mslug5nd.zip with winkawaks, like explained in my older post.

Savegame doesnt work yet... but the game works great.

Thanks again, masterall.

:)

Guest PolloLoco

I still can't get saves to work on any neogeo title. A save state is created, but will not load.

Is anyone having an issue with Final Fight? It's an older game, and it's listed above as working fully. But I find the sound is badly screwed up. When the garbage cans are broken at the beginning, the ringing of the cans continues on until the end of the level. At other levels, the first sound heard just echoes in the background - making this oldy but goody unplayable.

Someone else mentioned THREE dungeons and dragons games. What's the third? I know of Tower of Doom, Shadow over Mystara and . . .?

Someone else mentioned THREE dungeons and dragons games. What's the third? I know of Tower of Doom, Shadow over Mystara and . . .?

The third D&D based Game is Quiz&Dragons, which is not an actiongame like Tower of Doom or Shadow over Mystara. Q&D is like trivial pursuit set into the D&D szenarion, and you answer questions to fight monsters.

Guest mikeeey
I still can't get saves to work on any neogeo title. A save state is created, but will not load.

Is anyone having an issue with Final Fight? It's an older game, and it's listed above as working fully. But I find the sound is badly screwed up. When the garbage cans are broken at the beginning, the ringing of the cans continues on until the end of the level. At other levels, the first sound heard just echoes in the background - making this oldy but goody unplayable.

i think u actually need to turn the sample rate down on final fight for it to sound better. i have it set to 8000 and it actually sounds very good, better than 44100. maybe because it doesnt have 44100 sound so when u try to set it to that it cant be made any better and jsut makes it worse? just a guess.

Guest mikeeey
mikeey...are you getting this emu to work flawlessly on a tmobile sda?? if so I will get one tomorrow. what hacks are you running???

i can say that it is running very good with my processor clocked to 264mhz, but when i go on my computer i notice even better framerate wich makes me wanna get a better UK smartphone or pocket pc that can have the same framerate as my pc has. in america the sda is the best smartphone they have, and 1 of the only. the only other is the cingular 2125, and the pocket pcs are no better. they dont even have duel core processor wich makes it 200mhz same as smartphones. as far as glitches and bugs i havnt noticed any. on the earlier versions such as .004 and below it would randomly quit the program on me but thats not happening anymore. if u live in the UK tho i really think ud be better off getting a pocket pc with a better processor than 200mhz if ur into gaming. also i guess they have the sda - co pilot wich has gps there.

if i could then i would definatly get myself one of those 624mhz duel core processor pocket pcs =)

Edited by mikeeey

Guest PolloLoco
i think u actually need to turn the sample rate down on final fight for it to sound better. i have it set to 8000 and it actually sounds very good, better than 44100. maybe because it doesnt have 44100 sound so when u try to set it to that it cant be made any better and jsut makes it worse? just a guess.

Hmmm, I've tried that and it won't work for me. I've also tried a variety of ROM's downloaded from different sources but none seem to work with decent audio for some reason.

Guest mikeeey
Hmmm, I've tried that and it won't work for me. I've also tried a variety of ROM's downloaded from different sources but none seem to work with decent audio for some reason.

and u re loaded the rom after changing the audio settings, changed the audio settings then restarted the program rite?

o and wats ur phone overclocked to? having it at the default speed WILL make the sound sound all skippy and bad.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest راعي &#1
i can say that it is running very good with my processor clocked to 264mhz, but when i go on my computer i notice even better framerate wich makes me wanna get a better UK smartphone or pocket pc that can have the same framerate as my pc has. in america the sda is the best smartphone they have, and 1 of the only. the only other is the cingular 2125, and the pocket pcs are no better. they dont even have duel core processor wich makes it 200mhz same as smartphones. as far as glitches and bugs i havnt noticed any. on the earlier versions such as .004 and below it would randomly quit the program on me but thats not happening anymore. . also i guess they have the sda - co pilot wich has gps there.

if i could then i would definatly get myself one of those 624mhz duel core processor pocket pcs =)

but way the pocket pc with 624mhz ???

take an imate SPJAS it have 300 MHZ samsong processor it good for gaming also

Edited by راعي الفتك 2005