Free sim unlock for Hermes now available.

Guest Wam7

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Just unlocked my Vario II. Pretty easy job thankfully. Now I can run my o2 sim while the contract runs out.

i wonder why this hasnt made the front page when the pay one did.

hmm.

hmm.

Indeed. I have just run the v.2A unlocker on my phone to set my phone to SuperCID. (Which means I can flash to any type of Rom). I just flashed to the latest HTC Rom (14/11/06) which has fixed a few problems I had and is faster than the original Orange rom that I had. (Also manage to get rid of all the Orange clutter while I was at it)

Guest richard_d

hmm.

Probably because the site rules prevent links to cracked ROMs and other copyright material.

Guest mattie01
Indeed. I have just run the v.2A unlocker on my phone to set my phone to SuperCID. (Which means I can flash to any type of Rom). I just flashed to the latest HTC Rom (14/11/06) which has fixed a few problems I had and is faster than the original Orange rom that I had. (Also manage to get rid of all the Orange clutter while I was at it)

how much quicker does it seem?

also what bugs did it fix?

thanks

Guest Unreal88

I'm a beginner with phones but I want to know if it's hard to change the T-Mobile Vario II Rom software to the original one. And are you still able to use edge, umts and HSDPA?

kind regards,

HP

• 1 month later...
Guest nahguam

T-Mobile UK Vario II user: I applied pof's unlock yesterday. It also updated my radio from 1.05 to 1.16. All is working great and calls are clearer too!

If you intend to use this, read the instructions VERY carefully. You have to make sure your bootloader is version 1.04 for it to work.

T-Mobile UK Vario II user: I applied pof's unlock yesterday. It also updated my radio from 1.05 to 1.16. All is working great and calls are clearer too!

If you intend to use this, read the instructions VERY carefully. You have to make sure your bootloader is version 1.04 for it to work.

There is also a later 1.20 Radio rom out but you need to go back to Bootloader 1.04 to change this. I would probably wait until the end of the month when the new Rom from HTC is slated to appear.

• 5 months later...
Guest Samuran

Hi

I have reflashed my m3100 with Black Dymond 3.5 and followed all the guides, ie have spl 2.10.olipro, ipl 1.04, radio 1.38.

Does this mean I can still sim unlock my device this way? will I need to reflash to black dymond after again? or have I by reflashing in the first place sim unlocked the phone?

Cheers

Ben

Guest UndeadDevil

Why did you flash to Black Dymond? Shadow has been out for a good few days now and is alot faster and more stable. Just remove the horrid HTCHome Today Plugin.

I haven't needed to unlock my device (It works on other networks since I got it, is this not normal on T-Mobile contracts?) but I would guess that you would need to flash it again afterwards. Maybe someone else will pop past and let you know. This thread is well over half a year old though!

Guest Confucious

@samuran You shouldn't need to reflash - the unlock should work

@UndeadDevil No! T-Mobile and Orange always lock their phones! O2 don't and vodaphone do sometimes i believe. Did you get yours from T direct or could someone have unlocked it before you got it? Or am I wrong?!

Guest UndeadDevil
@UndeadDevil No! T-Mobile and Orange always lock their phones! O2 don't and vodaphone do sometimes i believe. Did you get yours from T direct or could someone have unlocked it before you got it? Or am I wrong?!

I bought direct from T-Mobile's site, it takes Orange and o2 Sim's so weird, maybe they forgot to lock it? I have flashed the phone a few times, but that wouldn't unlock it would it? (Flashed Hard-SPL, Radio 1.41, Black 3.5 and 4)

Guest Samuran
Why did you flash to Black Dymond? Shadow has been out for a good few days now and is alot faster and more stable. Just remove the horrid HTCHome Today Plugin.

Err I flashed to black dymond coz thats all that was out when I flasehed, I'm in no rush to go to Shadow... especially when it has that ugly like jade goody phone dialler!

Cheers

Ben

Guest rdwars

I've just done this trick as well and it works superb!

Ofcourse I was a lil scared while flashing and all but all turned out working properly. Now I can use my T-Mobile and my Vodafone sim!

Haven't really made a phonecall yet so I dunno if, as stated a few replies back, the sound is more clear. However I can't say I found it bad anyway already.

Anyway I'm happy this works!

Guest majorpdd
I've just done this trick as well and it works superb!

Ofcourse I was a lil scared while flashing and all but all turned out working properly. Now I can use my T-Mobile and my Vodafone sim!

Haven't really made a phonecall yet so I dunno if, as stated a few replies back, the sound is more clear. However I can't say I found it bad anyway already.

Anyway I'm happy this works!

Same here, works like a charm, now can i upgrade the radio without loosing the lock?

Guest majorpdd
try xda-developers.com

Cheers, do i really need to upidate from 1.16? anyways?

My rom version is 1.21.110.3 date 06/19/06.

Is there better and will it effect the unlock?

Cheers

• 1 year later...
Guest MikeWard1701

Hi folks, sorry for resurrecting this old thread but I have a T-Mobile Vario II sat doing nothing now that I have a Touch HD and I'm lookin to unlock and sell on.

The Vario II is running the latest T-Mo ROM;

ROM version 3.60.110.4

Date 09/05/07

Radio 1.50.00.00

Can I use this unlocker? Yep, worked like a charm :rolleyes:

Will it downgrade the Radio? Yep

Will reinstalling the the T-Mo ROM after running unlocker upgrade radio and the phone stays unlocked? Don't Know, not really bothered tbh

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

Edited by MikeWard1701

• 2 months later...