Updating OS / Firmware etc on XDA IIs

Guest timodonnell

Guest timodonnell

I have been given an XDA IIs that has been passed around the office - apparently out of the box there were battery life problems and stability issues to a colleague has already removed the O2 customisations and apparently installed a vanilla O/S. Anyway she didn't get on with a pocket PC and I have been after one for a while so it is coming my way tomorrow.

Is it possible to check/ensure that it has the latest drivers/O/S updates/firmware etc before I start using it ? Happy to rummage this info out myself but any pointers to trustworthy resources or reference material would be welcome,

Thanks,

Tim

Guest Pondrew

No problem. The HTC Blue Angel (the manufacturers name for the XDA IIs) was a great device and very popular. I used to have one myself for a long time.

The newest and most upto date rom available is that from T-Mobile and, coming so late in the life of the device it improved stability and functionality no end (not to mention delivering one of the newest builds of Windows Mobile 2003SE ever released). Having said that, O2's XDA site features the latest rom intended for your device which isn't much older and should install without any messing around.

The latest O2 XDA IIs rom is available from www.my-xda.com

The latest T-Mobile MDA III (the T-Mobile branded HTC Blue Angel) is available from T-Mobile Download Manager

And finally you'll find a thread (admittedly now rather old!) discussing the rom versions here on MoDaCo -> Blue Angel rom versions

Guest timodonnell
No problem. The HTC Blue Angel (the manufacturers name for the XDA IIs) was a great device and very popular. I used to have one myself for a long time.

The newest and most upto date rom available is that from T-Mobile and, coming so late in the life of the device it improved stability and functionality no end (not to mention delivering one of the newest builds of Windows Mobile 2003SE ever released). Having said that, O2's XDA site features the latest rom intended for your device which isn't much older and should install without any messing around.

The latest O2 XDA IIs rom is available from www.my-xda.com

The latest T-Mobile MDA III (the T-Mobile branded HTC Blue Angel) is available from T-Mobile Download Manager

And finally you'll find a thread (admittedly now rather old!) discussing the rom versions here on MoDaCo -> Blue Angel rom versions

Wow - thanks for all that, much appreciated,

I also spoke with another colleague who uses a PPC - he suggested trying to track down a WM5 rom version - any functional benefit in this at all? I understand that there would be more faff involved and that it may not be strictly above board,

Tim

Guest Pondrew

No WM5 rom was released for the BlueAngel. You might find an unofficial rom but I wouldn't recommend you use it.

Discussion of illegal/leaked/ported roms is against forum rules so I can't help you any more on that I'm afraid! :)