Screen protector info for Dash

Guest merwin

Here's some info for screen protectors for the Dash... I found a really good one on EBay. The info on the package is the following:

BHB

Screen GUARD

The Greatest Guarder For LCD Screen

2.4"

Sony T1 Sony T11 Sony W1 Sony DV

50.5mm X 37.5mm

The following link will bring up the other auctions for the person that i bought it from (platinumaccessoriesstore):

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...+PROTECTOR+Dash

I haven't found a regular store that sells them yet, but this protector is the best i've seen

Guest chaznet

Thanks... posted the same info here a week or so ago... You're right, they're nice. I like how they have the protector sandwiched between the 2 peel-away backings, very easy to appy. After a couple weeks though, they do start to loose their stickiness around the corners -- you should pick up a few of them, as they'll need replacing.

Here's some info for screen protectors for the Dash... I found a really good one on EBay. The info on the package is the following:

BHB

Screen GUARD

The Greatest Guarder For LCD Screen

2.4"

Sony T1 Sony T11 Sony W1 Sony DV

50.5mm X 37.5mm

The following link will bring up the other auctions for the person that i bought it from (platinumaccessoriesstore):

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...+PROTECTOR+Dash

I haven't found a regular store that sells them yet, but this protector is the best i've seen

Edited by chaznet

Thanks... posted the same info here a week or so ago... You're right, they're nice. I like how they have the protector sandwiched between the 2 peel-away backings, very easy to appy. After a couple weeks though, they do start to loose their stickiness around the corners -- you should pick up a few of them, as they'll need replacing.

I knew I saw it somewhere before... just thought it was on a different board :-) You're right, these are insanely easy to apply... I haven't had any of these type come off yet (I bought the same kind for my Tornado a while back). I'm crossing my fingers though.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jason Coleman

I found it to be reasonably easy to just pick up either a Sony PSP or Nintendo DS screen protector kit and cut it to fit. Same cost(at least in the US) and quicker then ebay.

We offer Dash screen protectors that you guys may be interested in, check them out here.

I like how it "Improves Handwriting Recognition" on the Dash, especially when it's not a touchscreen :) Thanks for the link though!

BTW, when are you guys getting a flexiskin for the dash? That would completely rock

Guest BoxWave
I like how it "Improves Handwriting Recognition" on the Dash, especially when it's not a touchscreen :) Thanks for the link though!

BTW, when are you guys getting a flexiskin for the dash? That would completely rock

Haha, yes, the same texture we add to improve handwriting also acts to reduce glare on the screen. Its kind of like a 2 for 1 kind of deal. For the dash though, I would recommend getting the crystal unless you are constantly outside or something. I'm sure we will get Flexiskins in the near future.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Nyago123

I use the Martin Fields screen protectors. They are crystal clear and last a long time- can't even tell a protector is on there.

I have used them with my (brand new :) ) Dash, my Motorola SLVR (prior to this- in fact, one took a dent and I was able to replace the screen protector), Toshiba e840 Pocket PC, and a iPAQ 3955 years ago... which about the time I converted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eliteramen

Hi, I think I need screen protector after examining my screen fairly closely ... I've got some stray scratches here and there. )~: So before I buy/apply a protector, does anybody know:

How do I get rid of the scratches on my screen?

Edited by eliteramen

Guest panflute
Hi, I think I need screen protector after examining my screen fairly closely ... I've got some stray scratches here and there. )~: So before I buy/apply a protector, does anybody know:

How do I get rid of the scratches on my screen?

You'll have to buy a new housing...someone posted a link here for one....about $38.

I got some Belkin screen protectors off Ebay...the worst....look bad, not very clear, could not live with it....soft reuseable material with 1 sticky side. Horrible.

I had gotten another that was made of a stiff but very clear material, silicone backing, very nice.....

• 2 months later...