Time to upgrade, but to what?

Guest spgster

Guest spgster

Hi,

I am currently with Orange and have an SPV C550.

My contract has just expired and it is time to upgrade and get a new contract.

I have had the SPV C550 for 18 months now, and although this phone is OK, it is not great... The camera sucks, it is very slow in general and is quite buggy. There are also lots of annoying nuances that get on my nips a bit.

I have had a look on the orange upgrade site and noticed that there isn't much choice by way of upgrades now (Especially for the SPV range). I am not really interested in the PDA style phones as they are quite big and I know I'll have the screen scratched up in 5 minute flat, although I have not ruled one out totally.

So, what I am looking for is some advice from the gurus here on what phones are available that will match the following preferences:

1. Sync contact sand calendar with outlook - MUST HAVE - Even if requires a 3rd party tool

2. Fairly decent camera

3. Play Mp3s (and also use them as ringtones)

4. Ability to send a text message to a pre-defined group (I cannot believe the SPV cannot do this still!)

5. download / read POP3 email

6. Browse the internet.

some friends have pointed me towards the Nokia N73 and the SE W850i, but as far as I am aware these are not smartphones.. not that this is an issue...

I look forward to your advice!

Steve

Guest nvkid909

same boat here, can't wait to ditch this phone. i'm thinking of the newer moto models as they have better organiser / alarms, hell, even most modern phones have java so you can get email & internet thru' that... i feel bitterly dissappointed that on a windows phone, to get a half decent web browser i turn to something that 'normal' phones with java can also do (java email client, internet - opera, for example). imo modern phones have caught up & in some cases, overtaken the smartphone.