Tom Tom?!

Guest bowdowntozoltan

Guest bowdowntozoltan

Ok how does this work when you install tom tom on your phone. how does it track? does it use the internet? does it use a phone signal? I dont get it. i would love to use it, but dont want to have to pay a huge bill.

Guest sparkymodaco

Suprisingly tomtom have a website that explains the basics.

You can find it at www.tomtom.com

Get ready for a steep learning curve, I think you may find sat nav a challenge!

Guest bowdowntozoltan
Suprisingly tomtom have a website that explains the basics.

You can find it at www.tomtom.com

Get ready for a steep learning curve, I think you may find sat nav a challenge!

so basically you connect to your tomtom... ? im not gettnig this. the program for tomtom for smartphones only lets you connect?

Guest mcwarre

Look at the tomtom website it will tell you. :)

You need the software and a gps receiver. The phone connects to the gps receiver and, once the gps receiver is locked onto the satelite, it knows where you are.

Guest Confucious

It's all done by Majik.

There's this wizard called Mr Tom (first name Tom) who know's where everyone is. The software is just there so you can receive the signals he sends by majik to your phone.

HTH

If i were you i would use another software as tomtom are worthless , the customers support sucks , my wife bought an updated map for her tomtom go and it was older than the version she had and tomtom wont refund the money , my tip is dont buy tomtom the company sucks :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest killerost
If i were you i would use another software as tomtom are worthless , the customers support sucks , my wife bought an updated map for her tomtom go and it was older than the version she had and tomtom wont refund the money , my tip is dont buy tomtom the company sucks :)

Why would anyone buy a older version of a map? :D I mean.. if you're smart enough to know about map updates, you should be smart enough to know about version numbers too? :D

Just messing with you.. when a company sells an upgrade for a device like tomtom one, or any other device which are meant for a broad range of users from non-technical to experts, they should make sure that the end user actually needs the update they are selling! :P

Edited by killerost