What's the worst handset you've ever owned ?

Guest toon9

Guest moroni
I just wish tmobile would hurry up and get the 6280 in stock so I can start my flext tariff - there's no other phone they've got worth taking on a new contract at the mo.. but they're saying the 18th is the earliest they'll have the bugger! (which is fine for me, as I'm going to be in Venice until that day)

leaving aside the fact you will be in venice you jammy buggar! i wouldnt personally go for a 6280, sure its ok but its not going to keep you very happy!!!

I have sold dozens of them in the last few months and i am always a bit sad when someone wants one, IMHO i dont think they are a patch on the N70 in quality or ease of use and they just seem to be so much more prone to breaking down!

I would look carefully at other options from t-mobile if i were you!

Guest sporkguy
leaving aside the fact you will be in venice you jammy buggar! i wouldnt personally go for a 6280, sure its ok but its not going to keep you very happy!!!

I have sold dozens of them in the last few months and i am always a bit sad when someone wants one, IMHO i dont think they are a patch on the N70 in quality or ease of use and they just seem to be so much more prone to breaking down!

I would look carefully at other options from t-mobile if i were you!

hmm interesting. I was considering the N70 also - but after seeing Orange butcher it, I decided against it. How good/bad is it on Tmobile? because I'd really like another Series 60 phone, especially one as sexy looking as the N70.

I just want another 3G handset to feed my mobile internet addiction lol.. the 6280 looked like a nice choice..

*time to change the sig again lol*

and yeah, Venice should be nice - I'm a part-time photographer, so expect some photos when I return :)

Guest moroni
hmm interesting. I was considering the N70 also - but after seeing Orange butcher it, I decided against it. How good/bad is it on Tmobile? because I'd really like another Series 60 phone, especially one as sexy looking as the N70.

and yeah, Venice should be nice - I'm a part-time photographer, so expect some photos when I return :)

I will play with one tomorrow and let you know!

Guest moroni

the t-mobile version is still butchered a bit but its quicker than the orange version, and it still has plenty to keep you amused! :)

Guest sporkguy
the t-mobile version is still butchered a bit but its quicker than the orange version, and it still has plenty to keep you amused! :D

Thanks a lot for that mate, I thought long and hard about it all of today, and I've gone and changed my order :)

Guest moroni
Thanks a lot for that mate, I thought long and hard about it all of today, and I've gone and changed my order :)

No worries, I hope you like it as much as i liked mine!!!

P.s

If you would have got it from me i would have given you ?100 in your sky roket! :D

Guest sporkguy
No worries, I hope you like it as much as i liked mine!!!

P.s

If you would have got it from me i would have given you ?100 in your sky roket! :)

lol - as much as coming to dorset appeals to me, I'll stick with my 25% off for life :D

Guest petencl
I just wish tmobile would hurry up and get the 6280 in stock so I can start my flext tariff

Just noticed the 6280 has magically reappeared on the T-Mob site. Hopefully this means they're in stock again!

Guest sporkguy
Just noticed the 6280 has magically reappeared on the T-Mob site. Hopefully this means they're in stock again!

doubtful as they said to me in an email that the earliest they'll have stock is the 18th, next tuesday.

but who knows!

Guest impy78

I think that THING down there - the Cellnet branded version of the motorola montreal was pretty much the nastiest little turd I ever had the misfortune to own.

It was the colour of my grandad's Ford Cortina, it was the size of my granded's ford cortina and had a choice of about 3 ringtones, which was a huge problem, cause everyone at uni had the same phone (except everyone else was on One2One and had the original version that looked like a melon cut in half and painted blue), so there was much confusion whenever anyone's mobile rang.

And the fact it was on Cellnet meant I spent about ?60 a month on pay as you go!!!

I remember weeping for joy when I replaced it with my Nokia 3210 on One2One - great phone and the cheapest calls in the universe, ever!

Guest scottusspez

Mine has to be the Motorola V3. How anyone can actually claim to enjoy using that phone I will never know. The software was outdated, the screen corrupted every so often, messages would fail to send/recieve, the sound would be dodgy, and worst of all it would crash and not turn back on again for days on end. Horrible piece of rubbish it was!! :)

My advice to anyone with one of these.. bin it and get an SPV C600 like I did, you wont regret it!! :D

Guest sporkguy
Mine has to be the Motorola V3. How anyone can actually claim to enjoy using that phone I will never know. The software was outdated, the screen corrupted every so often, messages would fail to send/recieve, the sound would be dodgy, and worst of all it would crash and not turn back on again for days on end. Horrible piece of rubbish it was!! :)

My advice to anyone with one of these.. bin it and get an SPV C600 like I did, you wont regret it!! :D

I got my gf one of these free from work as Orange were literally giving them away lol. she loves it - but I still think its a useless piece of trash.

the C600 on the other hand... fantastic handset! just a shame Orange took out the wifi :P

Guest scottusspez

:D I bet it's pink isnt it? Women and pink V3s.. like bees and honey.

They took wifi out? HTC implemented wifi and O took it out?

:)

Guest travisb

For me it has to be an Ericsson T10 flip I had. After a while the flip didn't work properly (design fault according to the Orange sales rep) and I couldn't hear anyone calling me (something in common with my M2000!).

Guest sporkguy
:D I bet it's pink isnt it? Women and pink V3s.. like bees and honey.

They took wifi out? HTC implemented wifi and O took it out?

:)

Nah, its a silver one - Orange are only generous enough to offer their employees discontinued handsets.

and yeah, HTC put it in, Orange took it out -- weird thing is though, the 'Wireless' menu has a big blank space where wifi used to be slot number 1 - and starts at shortcut number 2! it looks tr?s weird.

Orange are clearly innovating for a brighter future :P (read: take wifi out and our customers will HAVE to use GPRS.. mwuahaha!)

Guest scottusspez

Ahh i see. But is the wifi hardware still inside and Orange have simply disabled it with software or has the hardware been physically removed would you happen to know?

I would guess the chip has been taken out because otherwise it would be popular all over the internet on how to re-enable the wifi... it would be nice if it was easy enough to get back though. ahhhh wifi in a c600... heaven.

Anyway yeah good thinking Orange, except most people I know always avoid GPRS or any form of mobile internet for the exact reason orange want them to use it... high costs

Guest sporkguy
Ahh i see. But is the wifi hardware still inside and Orange have simply disabled it with software or has the hardware been physically removed would you happen to know?

I would guess the chip has been taken out because otherwise it would be popular all over the internet on how to re-enable the wifi... it would be nice if it was easy enough to get back though. ahhhh wifi in a c600... heaven.

Anyway yeah good thinking Orange, except most people I know always avoid GPRS or any form of mobile internet for the exact reason orange want them to use it... high costs

Wifi in a C600? God that would be nice!.. however.. we always have the Qtek 8310 and i-mate SP5 available to us (and a darn sight sexier in my opinion!)

but as dr who said.. yes, it has been physically removed.

at least it doesnt look like the american version of it.. not only does it not have wifi, but it has a huge 'hump' where the signal booster is!

Cingular 2125

Guest scottusspez
Wifi in a C600? God that would be nice!.. however.. we always have the Qtek 8310 and i-mate SP5 available to us (and a darn sight sexier in my opinion!)

but as dr who said.. yes, it has been physically removed.

at least it doesnt look like the american version of it.. not only does it not have wifi, but it has a huge 'hump' where the signal booster is!

Cingular 2125

<_< sexy.. lol

Guest Paul (MVP)

Siemens S55 given to me by my company was a right duffer!

The SL45 (I think it was) was a great handset ahead of it's time, but siemens handsets are generally a pretty pants!

P

Guest toon9
but siemens handsets are generally a pretty pants!

P

Concur with that Paul - like I've mentioned earlier the C35i wasn't just pants it was c complete Shed of a handset - I've never flirted with Siemens again.

Guest sporkguy
Siemens S55 given to me by my company was a right duffer!

The SL45 (I think it was) was a great handset ahead of it's time, but siemens handsets are generally a pretty pants!

P

The company I worked for in Australia gave me an SL55 to use for business, and it was one of the first slide phones with a colour screen - tiny too!

It really was the rolls royce of mobiles :)

Guest muggy

Without a doubt, the worst handset I've ever owned was a SE T68. One of the first batch, on Voda. It had a great battery life and the screen was amazing compared to every other phone at the time.

However it had the slowest UI evar - while texting, it felt like it took about 1 second to register each keypress. It would constantly just not receive calls - you could make calls and it looked like it was working, but you simply wouldn't receive any calls.

In the end I managed to give it away. They tried to give it back 2 days later, asking what they had done wrong to deserve that POS :)