What's your favourite classic handset you've owned?

Guest rockykabir

Guest rockykabir

Just a compliment to the "Worst handset you've ever owned" thread :D

I love the current crop of PDA phones - if only they can make it a little bit smaller! - I don't think I can move back to non-smartphones now :D

But, in terms of all time classics - I was in complete awe of the T68i. It was (and I'll say still is) the most beautiful phone around. It had its faults but just holding it made up for everything else :(. Additionally, it was during a special moment in my life - the times of early love with my (now) fiancee. Waiting for that SMS sound when I used to get a text from her will always be special! :)

What's your favourite? Also, do you happen to have any fond memories of a phone? :P

Guest sporkguy

Mine would have to be the 7210, it served me so damn well :)

And then there's the 6630 - which will always have a special place in my heart.

Guest toon9

Rocky - Got to agree with you about the T68i. Pretty awsome that was.

Perfect size and weight. Did exactly what you wanted it to do.

Nokia 7110 ran it a close second. Not so much on functionality, but that slide out mechanism was awesome. A real conversation piece, just above average phone

The c500 would stil be my all time favourite - to date anyway.

I just thought that was the coming of age for the smartphone.

I haven't dabbled with the Series 60 handsets, although was kind of tempted to hang on for the N80 later this year. (Just 'cos it got a good mention on the Gadget show really !!)

Guest petencl

My favourite ever phone was my Nokia 6110. Pure class at the time, Nokia were still on top of their game, solid unit, great battery, T9 if you got the f/w upgraded and of course that lovely shimmery paint job :)

I'd still have it now if I could live without GPRS (not likely!).

Guest moroni

I think i would go for my 7610

It was such a breath of fresh air compared to the awful 7600 and it just worked so darned well!

Simplicity, ease of use and a awesome(for the time) 1MP camera!

I coould hamer away at texting like a pro and it just did everything i needed quickly unlike the newer series 60 phones which seem to suffer from a lag on the button press' :)

Guest sporkguy
I think i would go for my 7610

It was such a breath of fresh air compared to the awful 7600 and it just worked so darned well!

Simplicity, ease of use and a awesome(for the time) 1MP camera!

I coould hamer away at texting like a pro and it just did everything i needed quickly unlike the newer series 60 phones which seem to suffer from a lag on the button press' :)

I have to agree with you on that one. I 'aquired' a 7610 for a couple of weeks, in black, and my god was it a great phone! It was the phone that got me into S60 really.. and pushed me towards getting the 6630 from Orange when I started my Staff Contract.

Sold it for a profit too, which is always good!

the old saying is true here, they don't make em like they used to.

Guest dr who

SPV C500 - will probably be two years old by the time I get a handset upgrade even though I have been looking for about a year and have tried and returned several in that time. The first smartphone that even my missus can get with!

Guest sporkguy
SPV C500 - will probably be two years old by the time I get a handset upgrade even though I have been looking for about a year and have tried and returned several in that time. The first smartphone that even my missus can get with!

yeah, I lent my gf the c500 when she dropped her Nokia 1100 in a glass of bacardi, as it was the only unlocked phone I had at the time - and she loved it! She said texting took her a few days to master, but after that she said WM2003 is really easy to navigate.

I got a V3 silver gratis off work just before xmas, so she's using that these days, but she was over the other day and saw the c500 on the desk and said she forgot how sexy it was lol

Talk about impulse buying, I'm gonna get the T68i again! (just as a second phone for texting tho )
LOL you're as bad as me for impulse buying!

I'd love to have one of those 8-series phones that you have in your sig tho.. for retro style value :)

edit: found it on nokia's site - 8810.. damn nice phone!

Guest adchaffey
Just a compliment to the "Worst handset you've ever owned" thread :D

I love the current crop of PDA phones - if only they can make it a little bit smaller! - I don't think I can move back to non-smartphones now :D

But, in terms of all time classics - I was in complete awe of the T68i. It was (and I'll say still is) the most beautiful phone around. It had its faults but just holding it made up for everything else :(. Additionally, it was during a special moment in my life - the times of early love with my (now) fiancee. Waiting for that SMS sound when I used to get a text from her will always be special! :)

What's your favourite? Also, do you happen to have any fond memories of a phone? :P

I've got the T-Mobile Vario now after many smartphones and couldn't even see myself moving back to a smartphone now I've experienced a Pocket PC let alone moving back to a conventional phone!

Not sure whether it's my favourite phone, but I have very fond memories of the Phillips Savvy phone. It was the first mobile I ever owned and I can remeber texting my gf all those years ago for just 5p a text on pay as you go! Now been with my gf for over 5 years and have been through more phones that I've had hot dinners!

Guest rockykabir
Nokia 7110 ran it a close second. Not so much on functionality, but that slide out mechanism was awesome. A real conversation piece, just above average phone

My sister and I rate this phone (in fact, I was planning on getting her one secretly for her birthday :D ). It was a fantastic phone although a bit big. I'm surprised Nokia didn't utilize the roller wheel in their later phones as it was very quick and easy to use.

The sliding mechanism was easily the best gimmick I've seen in a phone :P - I used to love the noise it made! :)

Guest morpheus2702

T68i was just such a complete phone, no hassles. But if only the 7110 didn't have a slider that kept breaking - it would still be my favourite.

Guest moroni
' date='Apr 12 2006, 19:38' post='1778']Has to be the Nokia 7110

It's one phone I did not want to sell, but I got ?40 for it a couple of years ago.

I bought my spare one off of ebay for ?40, if it was from you then cheers muchly!

Guest pd.ryder

I loved my 7110 :)

It seemed to have that certain WOW factor somehow. Plus I had blinking demon eyes where the operator logo should've been :D If only the slider didn't have a nasty habit of shooting off across the pub every now and then :( and the roller wheel wasn't forever getting stuck 'in' :) Although it didn't take long to discover a smart tap on a table would soon make it pop out again :P

I've seen many comments on here about the awful SPVC550 - but I really get on with it. I missed the C500 but my mate has one and I just can't get on with that rocker switch thing. It's horrible, and compared to the 550 has a dreadful screen too. I can make this 550 do pretty much anything I can think of in terms of applications and some of it's lesser qualities don't bother me that much... :)

Waiting to get my mits on a Vario II now..... :D

Guest sporkguy

I'm with Paul on this one, the C500 is a cracking handset - good enough to make me alternate between it and the D600 every now and then (tonight, for example).

The c550 is ok too, I talked my sister into getting one and she loves it - easy to use, great screen.. and she's a rock chick so all that memory in the music pack does the trick :)

and having just ordered myself a tmobile N70, one can only hope it can live upto the reputation my C500 has created - the only handset I will come back to again and again and again...

Guest dr who

C550 seems OK, the missus has one now, but the C500 was seminal. Fast, stable, decent battery life, great screen (at the time), all round a class act.

I hated and despised the N70. Incredibly lethargic, looks big and ugly, screen looks low res 'cos of those big chunky icons - I couldn't believe this was meant to be 'state of the art' for symbian. The OS looked like a Fisher Price 'My First Smartphone' effort to me.

Guest Darko8472

I'd have to say my E200 is the fondest memory - it got me into Smartphones in the first place!

But as for going back to a conventional phone after a smartphone... I've got my M2k still (it's sitting at home in it's cradle as we speak), and I just use it when I go to my parents', as I can piggy-back their wifi. I much prefer my new phone (W800i), just for the fact... it's a phone. It doesn't have all the fanciness of a smartphone/pocket pc. Yes, it has radio/walkman/bluetooth and all the gubbins... but the main things I bought it for was it's size (sorry, but the M2k is a tad big for popping down the pub with!), the camera (given my old digicam to my brother, as it was the same quality) and the huge memory that came with it. (C'mon, 512mb is impressive for a non-smartphone)

In short - although I love my Windows Mobile phones (and I don't see a time when I'll be without one in one form or another) - for everyday use I prefer the bog-standard, no-Windows phone that I have now. :)

Oh, and E200 is my fav :D

Guest sporkguy
C550 seems OK, the missus has one now, but the C500 was seminal. Fast, stable, decent battery life, great screen (at the time), all round a class act.

I hated and despised the N70. Incredibly lethargic, looks big and ugly, screen looks low res 'cos of those big chunky icons - I couldn't believe this was meant to be 'state of the art' for symbian. The OS looked like a Fisher Price 'My First Smartphone' effort to me.

Well if it can keep up with my 6630, I'll be a happy man - only thing I didnt like about the 6630 (and what prevented it from being my favourite handset) was the bulbous bum it had/has. Everything else on it is superb, the gallery is fast, the photos are great quality, the screen is massive and above all else.. copy & paste functionality :)

Guest impy78

I loved the 3210 and the 6210 - also the T610 - they were amazing.

I had a T39m for 1 day - but had to send it back due to my finances - shame, it was lovely....

• 2 months later...