The Way It Used To Be

Guest scottusspez

Guest scottusspez

I went to London back in 2002 and picked up an Orange promotional booklet thing while I was down there. I threw it under my bed when I got home (yes terrible I know) and the other day while having a clean out I found it.

WHY oh WHY have Orange changed so much? They actually used to have some amazing deals, really good ideas and the handset choice was second to none. I know people say a lot about how O have gone down the pan and stuff, without thinking about it but hey I suggest if anyone has access to it take a look at the old booklets or whatever, and shed a tear, for things will never be the same again

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest confucious

Orange led the Smartphone revolution, they were innovative and customer focused.

Now they don't give a hoot...

Guest jchamier
WHY oh WHY have Orange changed so much?

Well, I joined O in Dec 1994, I believe just before our host Paul, on the brilliant Nokia Orange (2140) which was unique to O, back then one2one had about 4 transmitters compared to O's 1500, and only some really appalling Motorola handsets.

Now O is crap, and Motorola are producing good handsets.

Whats the world come to?

Guest Tech
Orange led the Smartphone revolution, they were innovative and customer focused.

Now they don't give a hoot...

couldnt agree more :)

Guest jchamier
no <_>

I agree, but there seems to be many many more out there than ever before. Everyone at work, pub etc, seems to have one of these new style motos. I heard that Nokia were still no 1, and motorola were now no 2 having come back from nowhere, and SonyEriccsson had dropped to 6th or something. Can't find where this was said tho.

Guest sporkguy

style-wise there is nothing wrong with motos (apart from the fact they'll be using the same form factor for the rest of their existence now)

but yes, the software on my gfs V3 is the bain of my life - even she gets annoyed with it sometimes.

then again, I don't have to use a moto that often :)

Guest furby
While i'm not a fan of Moto's software, the new handsets are very nice...

Couldn't agree more, everyone I know who has a motorola loves the way it looks but wants to ditch it becasue the software is so bad. This seems to be wtihout exception (young and old)

Guest nedge2k

I rem when they first launched pre-pay. Coverage was the best out of all the nets, 0800 numbers were actually free(!!) but they did chage you 50ppm for all calls and there was no sms. They were my first net and I satyed faithful for a while but the last couple years it's been O2 all the way for me.

Orange really need to go back to basics.