Network Cover[age]

Guest davefrayne

Guest sporkguy

Welcome to the forum :)

What area are you talking about?

Because for me, Orange are great, as are O2 - it is Voda who are pants around here.

Guest davefrayne

Bristol matey - its ok city center but at my gaff and my missus place there is zero...

Also happens in other areas of bristol!

its shite :)

Guest tripdog

i am with orange and travel all over the country and stay in hotels, so many times i try to use my phone there's no bloody signal. dont go to scotland its terrible, i sit in the bar and have to watch people chatting away while my phone is searching. by the way must admit i wrote this on my M500 sitting in a nice pub in portsmouth harbour so its ok here.

Guest davefrayne
i am with orange and travel all over the country and stay in hotels, so many times i try to use my phone there's no bloody signal. dont go to scotland its terrible, i sit in the bar and have to watch people chatting away while my phone is searching. by the way must admit i wrote this on my M500 sitting in a nice pub in portsmouth harbour so its ok here.

Yep i find the service in some parts of bristol shocking - can be talking with three bars, then call drops and there isnt one bar.. searching etc etc

ney good! :)

Guest sporkguy
Yep i find the service in some parts of bristol shocking - can be talking with three bars, then call drops and there isnt one bar.. searching etc etc

ney good! :D

Thats shocking considering Orange's HQ and a large call center are based in Bristol!

oh, and welcome to MH tripdog :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest confucious

Coverage varies throughout the country on all networks. At my old house I had no coverage (except upstairs by the bedroom window with anyone then one day I turned on an old 3 phone and it had full signal!

Best thing to do is ask other people in your area what they use.

One thing though, certainly in the south east O2's 3G coverage seems very poor compared to O and T

• 11 months later...
Guest darrengf

Sorry for the lateness in replyin.

I have all the 4 main network sim cards (Sad i know)

However results from what I have found when traveling about the uk.

o2 came out tops for 2g coverage. Hardly lost the signal 3g on o2 is sort of none exstance, even now. but i have noticed it becoming wider and better.

Voda and orange had mixed results. Orange was good in towns but patchy in the country sides. Voda was ok to good in towns, but better in the country side.

3g on orange is very good, with the signal in more places than ever.

3g on voda is ok, but no where as good as orange

T-mobile seem to have improved alot. boh the 2g and 3g coverage were good, but still not as good as the above other networks.

However agian the networks vary from one town to a other. What may be good in one house the other network may not be good.

so its always better to find out first

• 1 month later...
Guest travisb

You will never get the same answer twice. For instance I live in a very rural area. Orange and O2 are great, with only the tiniest gaps in coverage. Because 3 use Orange and O2 for gsm when out of their 3G coverage, again no problem. Vodafone is very flaky, but T-Mob are a joke.

Guest darrengf

You to put things right.

3 now only use Orange for there GSM coverage if they are out of 3g area.

orange won there contract from o2 last year and the swap over took 1 year to complete. Which i beleive completed in June this year