TMobile offers on June 1st?

Guest dr who

Guest shenson

I got SIM only just over a month ago. You can add the ordinary (aka consumer version) of Web'n'walk from the T-mobile website as an additional service and also by calling CS but I didn't try that.

I got that changed to the "pro" version by T-mobile CS after they went away and checked. I asked for the "Web'n'walk professional bundle". Others have reported problems and being told it is "business only" (I'm not on a business account) so YMMV.

No mention of a minimum contract was given which would contradict the no-contract of SIM only anyway. I guess I'll find out when I try to move to a contract when a decent handset arrives.

Guest dr who

Nice one Shenson! So that comes to ?17.50 a month for unlimited data and 50 free minutes a month with no contract to sign???

Guest dr who

Got this email from TMob today,

"Thanks for enquiring as to weather or not your able to add the ?10 unlimited data package to our SIM only package.

I'm pleased to say that you are able to add this to the SIM only package.

If you do decide to purchase the SIM card, just call our customer services to add your bundle.

You can contact them on 150 from a T-Mobile phone or 08454 12 5000 from a landline (local call charges apply). We're her everyday from 7am to 10pm."

Think I'll be doing this next month, sounds excellent.

Guest shenson
Nice one Shenson! So that comes to ?17.50 a month for unlimited data and 50 free minutes a month with no contract to sign???

Yes though the first bill may come to more than that because it is billed one month in advance. Note also that SIM only is self serve which means calls to 150 are 50p/min. I didn't realise that it meant *all* calls to 150 and not just CS. I'd come from Orange where calls to the automated menu system were free until you select to call CS.

I use the 0845 number now from a landline for CS.

Guest dr who

Cheers Shenson. Nice to know some of the pitfalls, but I definitely think I will get this, just to play about with Orb on my phone and use it for mobile data access for my laptop.

Guest sporkguy

AFAIK if the card isn't locked, you may be able to put your Tmob sim in - but I remember somewhere that someone said its all software based so it may reject the sim.

Guest MARKUKCOUK
I would be interested in that one too, maybe I could make use of the Orange 3G Data card that I have just disconected from O.

Rik

The Cards are apparently locked to orange and orange wont unlock them.

I have an Orange Trials MOC Card which may not be locked, but I believe the standard ones were barred to orange, and they dont have the stuff to unlock it even for a fee.

Guest Twisticles

So we're two thirds of the way through June...still no news of spangly new phone line-up? I've been qualified for an upgrade for 3 months now but nothing taking my fancy...I need a new gadget NOW!

Guest Twisticles
Hermes won't be out until Aug.

What else would you want?

I'm lovin' the spec of the Hermes (Vario II on TMob?) but I'm not so lovin' the size. I know everything is a trade-off in life, but even my MDA Compact ain't feelin' so compact these days. And I really don't take advantage of the surfing or TV-watching capabilities like I thought I would.

I want the Hermes in a SE T610 size package! Was thinking of the Axia A308 or MTeoR, but they are both fairly hefty devices too.

I dunno - what's being touted for SDA III? And when?

I guess I don't do as much data stuff as I thought I would, synchronicity with Outlook is most important to me now...nearly got tempted with a Nokia 6280 but held off due to synch problem stories.

Is there anything else by any other manufacturer that synchs properly with Outlook? I need my 450+ contacts (and all fields) and calendar on the move more than anything...

Guest confucious
July 1st may actually be the "big day" and not June 1st...

"July" "may" "June" - could I just add April and august as we seam to be listing the onths of the year.... :)