web & walk plans & pro

Guest andynumpty

Guest andynumpty

Hi, can some one confirm that you can add the pro version to a T-mobile tariff & how much does it cost compared to the web & walk tariff.

Guest dr who
Hi, can some one confirm that you can add the pro version to a T-mobile tariff & how much does it cost compared to the web & walk tariff.

Yes you can and it is ?10 rather than ?7.50.

Guest dr who
What has the pro version got over the other?

The standard tariff allows email access and internet access ONLY from your phone ONLY. No media streaming (radio for instance or the Orb media client), no instant messaging, no using the phone as a modem, etc, etc.

Guest chrisms_cotland
The standard tariff allows email access and internet access ONLY from your phone ONLY. No media streaming (radio for instance or the Orb media client), no instant messaging, no using the phone as a modem, etc, etc.

How can you add this? I can't see it on the website for ?10 a month, it says ?20 a month, for ?10 a month I'd take pro, means I can stream video,

Guest dr who
How can you add this? I can't see it on the website for ?10 a month, it says ?20 a month, for ?10 a month I'd take pro, means I can stream video,

Unless the price has increased since 1st August it WAS ?10, AFAIK.

Guest chrisms_cotland
Unless the price has increased since 1st August it WAS ?10, AFAIK.

Can anyone post a link to where this is on the T-Mobile website?

Also is it true that pro does not in actual fact allow us to stream video, voip, IM, etc? As according to some websites I've looked at even web n' walk pro is barred from usage for these services. Can anyone who has WNW Pro answer us on that one?

Guest shenson

There naming is a bit confused. WnWPro is usually taken to mean the ?20 a month laptop card deal. The WnW Pro bundle is a ?10 a month add on to any pay monthly tariff with fewer restrictions than WnW. I've added it to SIM Only. It includes faster upload, HSPDA support (when available) and modem use permitted. VoIP and "messaging over internet protocol" (which is taken to include IM) is banned. There is a 2GB fair usage policy.

It is mentioned briefly in the business section of the T-mobile site.

You have to ask T-mobile CS to add it and you may get varying responses such as it not existing or that it is "business only".

Guest chrisms_cotland

Oh well I don't think I'll bother then, for my needs WNW normal is fine, its IM usage I was looking for, I use MSN a little but I'm guessing that if its only for a minute or so at a time and not always on its probably ok.

Guest cherylmeek

:) I added it on Saturday by calling 150. The gent was very helpful even though I did have to specify I wanted the Pro version but he knew what I wanted once I explained. I believe it is the WebNWalk Pro Voice Only.

It was ?10 and he confirmed IM & Modem use OK when I asked (subject to the 2GB fair use as the others have mentioned).

He'd not added for anyone before so he popped me on hold breifly to checkwith a collegue. Once done I was surfin double quick time with my new HTC TyTN.

One very happy lady here! The difference is vast and well worth paying for. It is now usable.

Guest confucious
One very happy lady here! The difference is vast and well worth paying for. It is now usable.

Glad you're happy. The dif between what? 3G is sooo much faster than GPRSan is great on my Universal. Is HSDPA that much fater in real usage than 3G?

Thanks

Guest cherylmeek
Glad you're happy. The dif between what? 3G is sooo much faster than GPRSan is great on my Universal. Is HSDPA that much fater in real usage than 3G?

Thanks

I guess I am really comparing it with GPRS on windows Mobile & smartphone and 3g use on Motorola3x & Nokia N80, so neither is a like for like comparison. I only used the TyTn for approx a day on 3G before upgrading to WebNWalk Pro. It was still very noticable. Hubby has a Universal and he agrees mine is faster.

I hope that helps.

Guest confucious
I hope that helps.

It does, thanks.

I'm put off the Hermes by the small screen and small memory cards (I have a 4Gb SD and less than 1Gb free!).

I guess I'll wait until the Universal II - An external display, better camera and HSDPA and it would be my perfect device (mind you, it's not bad as it is!)

Guest fleabag
It does, thanks.

I'm put off the Hermes by the small screen and small memory cards (I have a 4Gb SD and less than 1Gb free!).

I guess I'll wait until the Universal II - An external display, better camera and HSDPA and it would be my perfect device (mind you, it's not bad as it is!)

You may be in for a wait then... :)

You don't need WNW Pro to use HSPDA. Always remember that the official FUP will always take preference over a telephone conversation. You have to request written confirmation of the telephone call for it to be binding.

Guest confucious
You may be in for a wait then... :D

You don't need WNW Pro to use HSPDA. Always remember that the official FUP will always take preference over a telephone conversation. You have to request written confirmation of the telephone call for it to be binding.

I'm sure I will be waiting a long time - but the Universal will do me until then :)

I thought only W'n'W Pro allowed HDSPA and not W'n'W? But I'd need a phone to support it as well!

Guest fleabag
I'm sure I will be waiting a long time - but the Universal will do me until then :)

I thought only W'n'W Pro allowed HDSPA and not W'n'W? But I'd need a phone to support it as well!

Common misconception, although I will be honest the information is often shady. So I could in fact be wrong, although I am 99% sure I am not.